Forget the DCU. What Would Your Lego DC Slate Look Like?

I’d want Lego Jason Todd to be an established character in a movie that actually goes to theaters. I know he was in Family Matters but that was straight to DVD (and MommaBat and I kept checking the release date for it too because Jason was in it!)

3 Likes

It’d be a great opportunity for him to make an appearance in Lego Batman: The Dark Minifig Returns. It’s time we start pushing for that movie

4 Likes

I want a Lego Shazam! movie that, much like the first Lego Movie, turns out to really just be toys in a world full of people, with Darla and Freddy being revealed to be the masterminds behind these grand, epic tales.

5 Likes

The first Lego movie is not that. It is not just people playing with the toys, as the legos do have actual feelings and some agency. They even keep their memories when different people play with them.

4 Likes

I’d like to see a Lego the office starring dc characters. Batman could be Michael Scott and Superman could be Jim Halpert

5 Likes

I admittedly haven’t seen it since its theatrical release (never saw the sequel), and that was how I’d always interpreted the twist.

4 Likes

7 Likes

So Batman is crazier than Joker, hmm.

3 Likes

Agreed

5 Likes

We actually had a collection of Lego DC Superhero movies which were, in some ways, better than the Nu52 Cereal Lord inspired movies we got as part of the DC Animated Movie Universe.

While they were very clearly aimed at and written for the kiddies, they weren’t written obnoxiously so, having less toilet humor and fart jokes than your bog-standard episode of TTG - and some were pretty creative and imaginative for their topic character/story (a good comparison is the 2018 Lego DC Flash movie versus the 2013 Flashpoint Paradox as to which movie did a better job of introducing concepts like the Speed Force or introducing Barry Allen to casual fans).

4 Likes

Krieg was in charge of both, as he produced Lego Flash movie and wrote Flashpoint movie. Also Flashpoint is a much better movie and Lego Flash is the worst of the lego movies.

2 Likes