FLASH

Barry Allen is the best flash, change my mind

5 Likes

Well Barry Allen it’s all right but there’s no Barry Allen without Oliver queen

Wally discovered and harnessed the Speed Force well before Barry Allen came back from the dead; that alone makes him a better Flash.

Wally is also faster, as confirmed by DC Comics themselves last year.

Wally’s time in the Teen Titans - and the fact that many of us have grown up beside him - makes him more relatable. (Geoff Johns had to break time in order to make the perpetually boring Barry Allen interesting.)

Wally spent the entirety of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited as the one and only Flash of that reality.

And I like Wally’s kids better than Barry’s kids.

But that’s just me … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Barry utilized the speed force prior to Wally; broken timeline or not. I grew up reading and watching Barry. There’s nothing boring about Barry. Wally wasn’t faster out of the gate; his speed has increased over time. Barry (to me) is the Flash and anything before or after is irrelevant. I respect what came before, but there’s too many characters with the same power. Barry Allen, Black Flash, & Professor Zoom is all I care to read about. That’s just me and obviously people feel different and that’s them…

1 Like

JAY
-Original flavor.
-Best hat in the DC Universe.
-Always a cool dude.
-First single-power superhero.

BARRY
-Started the Silver Age.
-Has a lot of cool villains.
-Bulk of the Flash legacy is built around him.
-Had an awesome death.

WALLY
-Has longer history and character development, starting as a sidekick, working with the Titans, and growing into the Flash proper, first as an irresponsible hotshot and then growing into a well-respected hero in his own right. (Then getting displaced and removed from continuity. Then brought back only to immediately get killed again.)
-The Speed Force was first identified, explained, and explored while Wally was the Flash.
-Has a sense of fun that gives him a bit more depth than his more straight-laced predecessors.
-Costars in JLA, which… other people like a lot more than I do, but I still admit was pretty good.
-In Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, and really entertaining in both.
-His stories always treated Barry and his supporting cast as respectfully as possible. Compare to Barry’s stories since he came back, which first ignored Wally a little, then ignored him so much that he got ignored straight out of continuity, and even now don’t really use him all that much.

BART
-… Let’s just say Bart as the Flash didn’t happen and move along.

Am I biased? Sure. But you asked me to change your mind, so I made my case.

3 Likes

To anyone who doesn’t know…Barry Allen CREATED the speed force. It is genorated with every step he takes. He made Jay faster in doing so as well as zoom. Yes Wally was named faster than Barry by DC however in issue 2 of heros in crisis Wally is dead, so there’s that. I’m sure he’ll come back…again. Wally has a different relationship to the speed force than Barry does even tho Barry created it, Wally understands it differently and I love Wally as a character. But for me, Barry is still the best flash over all. Everyone made great points about Wally tho and honestly it’s a pretty close race for me

1 Like

Barry’s a great character and I do love him…

But he’s no Wally.

2 Likes

@christowhit.7544 It’s not just you, it’s me too. I agree with everything you stated!

Love Wally but prefer Barry but I might just might like Bart even more!

1 Like

Wally West is the best Flash, change my mind. Seriously, Wally is DC’s greatest legacy character (yes, more so than Dick) because he honors his of the fallen mentor by taking up the mantle with love and respect. His character grows into a man who not only nabs the bad guys but also defines heroism by his compassion and empathy. He is the heart and soul of the DCU.

2 Likes

@Nickweiser Ya know, Barts time as The Flash is really underrated. I thought he stepped in and did great.

1 Like

@baseballmaniac01.45870 Wally is the best developed Flash hands down, and arguably the most powerful figure in the entire DCU… At his peak.

3 Likes

Nah. I don’t wanna try because I agree with you.

2 Likes

I mean I love Wally and Bart but Barry is the best hands down

1 Like

Barry is flash

1 Like

For me, it is Barry Allen and Jay Garrick as the more likable characters.

I did not hate Wally West though. Just was not fond of his character as much. Bart, well, never much cared for that character at all. I have not followed Bar’s story for a long time though, so perhaps his character improved over time? I do not know. Maybe he is more likable to younger readers though.

MACJR

1 Like