February's Walmart 100 Page Giant books are out.

Scooped 'em up last night, I’ve read Superman and Titans so far. Tom King’s Superman story has been pretty interesting, especially with the goings-on with Lois in last month’s issue and Sgt. Rock’s appearance in the new ish. Andy Kubert’s art is great too.

In Titans Giant #1, there was a surprising reveal at the end of the new story. I won’t say who it was but they’re affiliated with the Doom Patrol.

I haven’t read the other books yet, but I love that Wonder Woman is now headlining a title of her own. The more Flash and Swamp Thing the merrier and the Bendis and Nick Derrington tale in Batman Giant looks to include Green Lantern, based on the cover art.

This month’s books served as a relaunch of the Walmart line, with new titles added and older titles being renamed. Here’s a list of what’s what for the February releases in the Walmart 100 Page Giant line:

-Superman Giant #8
-Batman Giant #8
-Wonder Woman Giant #1 (formerly Justice League of America Giant, picks up from where JLAG #7 left off)
-Titans Giant #1 (formerly Teen Titans Giant, picks up from where TTG #7 ended)
-The Flash Giant #1 (new title; the new story is written by Gail Simone and the Adam Strange: Planet Heist mini is being reprinted in this, those’re reasons enough to pick this up)
-Swamp Thing Giant #1 (new title, the new story is written by Tim Seeley and the New 52 Animal Man is being reprinted here)

That’s it. The Walmart books are alot of fun. Hope those of you reading them are able to find the new releases quickly. They’re great reads!

7 Likes

Nice time to hit Walmart up.

1 Like

They have Shazam movie toys too, so boo to the yah :wink:

1 Like

Vroom, as I mentioned on the Discord Channel room, I was very surprised to see Shazam number one that only came out like 2 months ago in this new Flash Walmart comic book

2 Likes

Don-El, I took a look at that. It turns out its the Shazam backups from New 52 Justice League #'s 7 and 8.

Sneak a peek at the bottom of the table of contents and you’ll see a “Originally published in single magazine form as…” notation that cites where the material originated, just like trades have. Those two issues of Justice League from 2012 are cited.

The art on the page that introduces the Shazam feature is from the current series however. It’s the Gary Frank variant for #1.

1 Like

I forgot to mention in the OP that the new books feature an ad for Young Justice: Outsiders. Maybe it’s common for it and DCU to be advertised in the regular print books, but as a digital guy it stood out to me and was something I was glad to see advertised.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, Vroom!

1 Like

You’re welcome =)

1 Like

I am never able to find those, I think I have found them once in all the times I went to Wall Mart.

1 Like

DTMO1, that’s a bummer. Do you have many Walmart stores in your area? The stores that carry these are typically the ones that have a section in the front of the store with trading cards, The Walking Dead toys, card games and the like. The Giant books are placed in with that merch.

1 Like

Picked up Superman 8 today. If only I could get my hands on 4 and 5. Trying to not pay $10 plus for them on eBay.

2 Likes

Jewell-el…please stop by the Discord sister site and give me a holler.

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1 We have at least three Wall-Mart’s although I don’t recall a section like that, and I thought all Wall-Marts were laid out exactly the same. Maybe I have missed it, I will have to give it another look. The only one I found was in the section with the kids magazines and books, but hey someone might have moved it there.

1 Like

I just noticed I ated myself, sorry it’s late. That was meant to be to Vroom. I think that is a good sign to go to sleep

1 Like

@DTMO1, Walmarts can vary. I’ve been to one that had jack squat for a toy department (and their exclusive comics). Then I drive to the next closest store ten minutes away and it’s the exact opposite, with overflowing goods.

Just keep an eye out for the cards, knick-knacks and such up front. The stores that have that section typically have it just a ways off from the store entrance that’s adjacent to the grocery side of the store.

2 Likes

Next time I am in I will have to explore more.

1 Like

I wish you success in your exploratory endeavor. Also, Walmart carries Justice League graham cookies so as long as you’re on that side of the store, pick up a box to enhance your reading. They’re cheap (like four bucks or so) and tasty.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ve been like 4 times this month and thought I missed January or something lol.

1 Like

Just picked up the newest batch of Wal-Mart 100-Page Giants today! I can’t wait to dive into the two new titles, as well as the relaunched books and of course Superman and Batman. I’m very fortunate to live in an area where the distribution of these is fairly good- I’ve heard a lot of fans online complaining that they can’t find the Wal-Mart comics. I’ve enjoyed them all so far and they’re a nice supplement to my weekly pull list. :+1:

3 Likes

@Krypto138 congrats! Feel free to post your thoughts on 'em.

2 Likes