February's DC Fanworks Theme: Celebrating Black History Month!

It’s time to officially kick 2024 off with February’s DC Fanworks theme: Celebrating Black History Month!

Join the Black History Month celebration all month long! Whether you’re a painter, a cosplayer, or anything in between–we want to see your artistic flair! This month, we’ll be celebrating all of the incredible black heroes and characters from the DC Comics Universe.

If you haven’t given this year’s DC Power anthology, head over to DCUI and check it out!

14 Likes

Awesome™:+1: definitely have some ideas.

5 Likes

Black Manta. Had fun with this one. Like how it came out. Based it off the second movie suit.

11 Likes

Woahh this is really great–really like the painterly look, and the use of shadows is fantastic. Nicely done!

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

3 Likes

Love it!

3 Likes

That is so cool!

3 Likes

It looks great. You did such an amazing job!

4 Likes

5 Likes

It’s been a big month for Black Manta!

12 Likes

That is a great rendition of Black Manta!

7 Likes

Thank you!

7 Likes

I’ve been helping a friend with a black history month gallery she’s putting together for the end of the month and decided to make her a low budget DC exhibit. Here are the first 4 pieces.

Green Lantern (colored pencil)

Mister Terrific (marker)

Nubia (colored pencil)

Aquaman (crayon)

Next up is Vixen

8 Likes

These are so good! Nubia has to be my favorite, but that’s also just because I’m bias :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

These look amazing :+1:

4 Likes

Update:
Vixen (crayon)

10 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
The Webtoon design is cool choice.
Was Fun story

7 Likes

This is so perfect, nice job!

6 Likes

So here’s one of the last ones. There were four more, but I gave them away before photographing them. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Nice job, loving the cybernetic parts!

4 Likes