February's Community Member of the Month: basicallytimdrake!

Leading us off in the new year, here’s our very first Community Member of the Month for 2024: @basicallytimdrake!

What originally got you into DC Comics?

I’ve always had at least a mild interest in DC. I watched Teen Titans GO! and DC Superhero Girls G1 growing up. The Lego Batman Movie has been my favorite movie since it came out in 2017. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I actually got into the fandom for real though. I read Supersons out of curiosity and it immediately got me obsessed with the universe. I got into Batfamily stuff from there, and got even more into it all.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

I think I’ve made it impossible for anyone to not know who my favorite character is. Tim Drake.

It’s hard to give one definitive reason for why he’s my favorite. I got into him for the more current version of him — the toned-down semi out-of-character we see in most recent stuff like TD:R and WFA. That was the version I latched onto and related to the most. But then I got into his older stuff and my life was changed basically. I love, love, love the 90s and 2000s Tim.

He was some rich kid Batman stalker who got worried about Batman becoming too violent and basically showed up on B’s doorstep like “you need a Robin. Nightwing needs to be your Robin again,” Dick said no, and then Tim got thrown into the position. He devoted his entire life to Robin, was somehow simultaneously the most self-confident and self-loathing person in the room at all times for years, he blew up the Leauge of Shadows to mess with Ra’s Al Ghul, he tried to clone his dead best friend 99 times, he fought crime on a skateboard for a while- god I could go on forever and ever about why he’s my favorite. He’s such a loser and I am so obsessed with him in such a normal way.

What books are you currently reading?

Making my way through the New 52 Teen Titans very slowly and not having a very good time with it at all, but I’m forcing myself through to see if it ever gets any better at all. Also reading Gotham: City of Monsters, for similar reasons. On the side of things I’m enjoying reading- I just restarted Galaxy for the dozenth time, and I’m also reading Harley Quinn’s Madcap Capers and The Batgirls.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

I’m rewatching season 5 of Gotham at the moment. I’ve also been rewatching Justice League and the Batman series with my siblings. As far as movies go, the Lego Batman is still a frequent rewatch but other than that not much.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?

The Penguin show for sure. I am so, so excited for it. Also looking forward to reading the new DCYA Barda graphic novel when it comes out.

What 6-12 books would you recommend to the general DC Community?

• Punchline: The Trial of Alexis Kaye
  • Robin #57 (or the whole series. but that issue specifically.)
  • Galaxy: the Prettiest Star
  • Tim Drake: Robin
  • Young Justice
  • Adventures of the Super Sons
  • Red Robin (2008)
  • My Buddy, Killer Croc
  • Batgirl (2009)
  • Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed
  • Mister Miracle (2018)
  • Black Canary: Breaking Silence

Congrats to February’s Community Member of Month, @basicallytimdrake! :clap:

38 Likes

Congratulations, @basicallytimdrake !

16 Likes

Congraaaaaats @basicallytimdrake!! :clap:

15 Likes

CONGRATS TO MY BESTEST FRIEND FOREVER!!! ONE OF THE MOST-DESERVED, HANDS-DOWN!! I’M SO PROUD OF YOU, @basicallytimdrake!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!

16 Likes

Congratulations @basicallytimdrake let me add to the disgusting amount of mentions you deserve to get

13 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

Yay! Congrats @basicallytimdrake !!! :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations @basicallytimdrake !

13 Likes

Congrats on community member of the month, BTD :slight_smile:

The artwork for this is pretty cool, thanks for the recommendation!

11 Likes

Hey, :smiley: congratulations @basicallytimdrake . From community pariah (2 court trials) to community member of the month. Big turn around. Right on. :laughing:

Edit: I missed who was last months community member?

13 Likes

Congrats, @basicallytimdrake! Some well-deserved recognition.

13 Likes

Congratulations @basicallytimdrake !!!

12 Likes

Thank you @mercurie80!!

11 Likes

Thanks!

11 Likes

THANK YOU YAY

11 Likes

Thank you lol

10 Likes

Ty! Also great songg

MB, KC is soo good. And ty!

I’m changing my ways lol. And thank you!

Thanks!

Thank you!

13 Likes

Congrats @basicallytimdrake :clap:

For your special month, I will put in a special request not to put you through any trials, hearings, etc.

12 Likes

Thank you @DreamingGirlWonder!

12 Likes

WOOO i’m gonna commit so many crimes

12 Likes