Favorite Screen Batman

Michael Keaton!!
Couldn’t take Christain Bale as Bruce… he has that “I’m a dick” face lol
Ben Affleck came in at a big time.
George Clooney… Well yeah.
Michael Keaton wasn’t an all sexy Bruce Wayne… but he had the charisma that embodies the character.
Michael Keaton Batman for the win.

Adam West. That’s how I got introduced to Batman. All the other actors are good,too.

Live action it’s Bale, his Bruce Wayne was that playboy asshole just like the comics and his Batman is the scariest.

Kevin Conroy hands down

1 Like

Is it strange that Christian Bale was my favorite Bruce Wayne but Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman?

Batfleck without question. Completely brought the rugged pulverizing Batman to life that wasn’t in the Nolan films. I’ve always seen Batman as more of a hunter.

Ben is my fav batman !

1 Like

Ben Affleck. After the Nolan trilogy, I didn’t think anybody could top Christian Bale (he’s one of my favorite actors), but Affleck really brought Batman to life in Batman v Superman. He was excellent in that movie and raised the bar for Batman!

I think my username gives it away but my favorite on-screen Batman has to be Adam West - the original and best.

Michael Keaton is my ultimate fav Batman!

Gonna have to go with the Michael Keaton fans on this one :slight_smile:

Ben is cool!

This is a tough one. Depending on the era, I would give multiple answers. It is hard not to like Adam West. Michael Keaton was the best of that version of movies. The most recent version, I would give to Bale. Overall, I would go with Keaton, but I was in Junior High when his Batman was released so I’m probably bias.

I know its not a popular opinion, but Ben Affleck, runner-up being Michael Keaton of course. Would say Christian Bale but he went bat**** on set and he sounds like a more constipated Batman

2 Likes

I grew up with the Christian Bale Batman so his take has a special place in my heart, but Ben Affleck did a great job in BvS and Michael Keaton is legendary in the role. Ultimately the Animated Batman takes the cake for me, but on the silver screen I have to give it to Bale for now

Keaton and Bale’s Batman resonate with me the most because with Michel Keaton, that was really my introduction to the character and fell in love with he character since then.

Empowered even more so with the designs do Bruce Timm and voice acting chops of Mark Hammill as Joker and Kevin Conroy as The Dark Knight. That really reinforced my fandom for the character.

But it would be years later that I would actually care about the Batman mythos again, and I wasn’t too satisfied with the Joel Schumacher produced Batman films. But enter Christopher Nolan and his vision, and we have a really grounded and gritty take of the trilogy presented to us in The Dark Knight. I will say this really made me appreciate the small details of character building and villainous portrayals by the characters. And Christian Bale was great as Bruce and Bats.

BVS: Dawn of Justice as a special place in my heart simply because I appreciate the Batman Warehouse scene, which is reminiscent of the Arkhamverse video games, and everyone that knows me I love the Batman: Arkham series of games. Batflick did well with what was presented to him, and his armored Bat suit was nice too, but I still did not like the design of the cowl, particularly the short bat ears and the goggles. But by now means am I discrediting Batflick.

Just think Michael Keaton, Kevin Conroy, and Christian Bale really had lasting impact on me.

But if we want to get technical about a Batman I truly love that doesn’t get enough credit, google Kevin Porter and Super Power Beat Down, now there’s a Batman!

If we are talking live action then Keaton all the way. If we are going to include animated, I must go Conroy.

1 Like

I love all of them (except for Clooney and Kilmer) for each one is a different representation of the character. Adam West is based on a more friendly Batman in the 1960’s comic books where its all campy and he sometimes smiles a lot and isn’t really paranoid. Michael Keaton is based on the Frank Miller Batman persona where his personality is taken back to his brooding roots and is a bit darker especially when around people in public. Christian Bale’s Batman is based on a more realistic Batman if he were to actually exist in our world, thus have take a more realistic approach on both his gear and his vehicles . Ben Affleck’s Batman is taken to a unique approach with the combination of Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns Batman, but in this one, he still continues to be Batman, only a bit more self-destructive and one who over the years have lost sight of his mission after losing Robin.

2 Likes

Keaton because he is thee O.G BATMAN and AFFLECK because to me he brought every aspect of BATMAN to life…the detective, he workout, his grit, and his attitude as both Bruce Wayne and BATMAN.

2 Likes

Batfleck