Favorite Patriotic DC Comics Character

Tomorrow is July 4, so I thought I would ask who is everyone’s favorite patriotic superhero. Here I am just including heroes currently owned by DC Comics. For that reason, The Shield isn’t included (he’s owned by Archie Comics). Also, they have to have an obvious patriotic theme. Superman is obviously patriotic, but he doesn’t have a costume evoking the stars and stripes. Anyway, I know I left some out, so go ahead and add any not listed in the comments!

• Commander Steel (Hank Heywood)
  • Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)
  • Minute-Man (Jack Weston)
  • Miss America (Joan Dale)
  • Mr. America/Americommando (Tex Thompson)
  • Miss Liberty (Bess Lynn)
  • Peacemaker
  • Stargirl
  • Star Spangled Kid
  • Stripesy
  • Uncle Sam
  • Wonder Woman

0 voters

5 Likes

S148

S150

S69

6 Likes

Wonder Woman fer sure (Diana OG, but Yara Flor especially), but Peacemaker really grew on me recently too!

5 Likes

Of the options, Peacemaker. In all of DC, General Glory

4 Likes

4 Likes

TOMMY!! Go team!

5 Likes

All these characters here are certainly patriotic to a degree but Uncle Sam is just the definitive patriotic superhero on this list.

I love how nuance he really is. As while he represents the pinnacle of American idealism, Uncle Sam ain’t arrogant to know that America ain’t perfect and not always right. He’s just so awesome to fight for the ideals of it and not the country.

5 Likes

I voted for Stargirl! :smiley:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Stuck between Stargirl WW and Stripe. Had to go with WW.

5 Likes

Definitely Peacemaker

4 Likes

stargirl-courtney-whitmore

6 Likes

S149

4 Likes

I have to admit this poll has surprised me. I thought Wonder Woman would sweep. And I really thought The Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy would do better!

3 Likes

Happy 4th of July, everybody! :us_outlying_islands::sparkler::fireworks:

2 Likes