Favorite Era of Comics

You can find some of my recommendations sprinkled around this place:

5 Likes

Post-Crisis. Probably the 10 years following the event. 1986-1996 I suppose.

4 Likes

I like everything except his YJ stuff. I’ve always thought he struggles more when writing a team.

2 Likes

That’s a fair assessment. As much as I’m a big fan of New Avengers, that’s one of its biggest flaws. I think Young Justice handles it a little better than that series, but the problem is still there.

3 Likes

I just feel like he writes everyone in the same way. Like, they’re lacking individuality or something? I dunno.

3 Likes

Yup, Spider-Man basically sounds like Iron Man. Spider-Woman basically sounds like Captain America. I think he does a better job on Young Justice, though. Impulse and Superboy both have their own unique voice. Wonder Girl is also different enough from everyone else, and carries over a lot of her personality from the pre-New 52 DCU. Jinny Hex certainly has her own personality. It’s mainly Robin (oh, wait, sorry; “Drake”) and Teen Lantern where I feel like Bendis has most of his problems shine through. But, still, four out of six isn’t bad.

4 Likes

Agreed. Tim Drake is Robin. The handling of that character is most of my issue.

3 Likes

Late silver age and Bronze Age. 1965-1985 As an era, I think the best stories came out in that era, as a collective era. Not to say the other eras don’t have good stories, but that era is by far my favorite.

4 Likes

That’s a good question. I think I like all of the eras of dc and I adore the early golden age of Marvel (60’s,70’s)

3 Likes

Bronze Age for me. 1970-1985. Great art, intelligent stories, and just the right amount of grit.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I think maybe because I’m still new to the community I do not have authorization to include links in my post.

1 Like

I would pick the 90s as my favorite era for DC Comics. I have to say that was their best decade ever. :grinning:
You had…
Batman The Animated Series
Superman the animated series
Lois & Clark
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Steel
Batman Beyond
The death and return of Superman
Superman and Lois get married
Batman’s back get broken by Bane
Hal Jordan turns into a villian while Kyle Raynor is the new Green Lantern.
Aquaman with a new look.
Stargirl debut along with Impulse, Steel, and Tim Drake.
The list goes on and on.:smiley:

4 Likes

rebirth is my favorite dc comic era

5 Likes

All of them!

4 Likes

Silver Age 1958-1967

then my “home” era of 1975-1978 when I first started reading comics

6 Likes

Same here, but also post crisis.

I like all the eras from the 90’s forward.

4 Likes

Rebirth

5 Likes