Favorite DC Costumes?

Just a random question I thought of: what costumes do you guys think look really cool? It can be any media or version.

Personally, I’m a huge fan of the original Golden Age Flash’s costume. That helmet is truly a sight to behold. A few other favorites in no particular order:

Hal Jordan’s Green Lantern uniform
Cassandra Cain’s Batgirl suit (Honestly, I can’t name a Batgirl costume that doesn’t look really good. I’m not a huge fan of the Burnside one, but even that looks alright for what it is.)
Zatanna’s tuxedo and top hat
Nightwing’s finger-stripe suit
Deathstroke in general, but especially his mask
Catwoman’s grey costume from Batman: The Animated Series

So what looks do you think are cool?

10 Likes

A few random costume/suit/uniform favorites (with a sprinkle of Wildstorm characters tossed in for fun):

-Fleischer Brothers Superman
-Christopher Reeve Superman
-Jim Aparo Batman
-Lex Luthor’s battle armor
-John Byrne Superman
-Michael Keaton’s first Batman suit
-John Wesley Shipp Flash
-classic Tim Drake Robin
-Grifter from the WildC.A.T.S
-Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
-Val Kilmer Batman
-Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face
-Superman’s electric containment suit
-Cassandra Cain Batgirl
-Exotica from Divine Right
-Superman’s suit from Godfall
-General Zod from For Tomorrow
-Charis Andrastea aka Nemesis from Wildcats: Nemesis
-Wonder Woman’s outfit from The Odyssey
-New 52 Superman
-New 52 Wonder Woman

4 Likes

Jack Napier/Joker’s GTO uniform from Batman White Knight

1 Like

Batgirl’s “Burnside” costume was the best superhero designs I’ve seen in ages. It makes sense being based off a leather motorcycle outfit. So much better than just more “tights.” Plus the colors and the way she wore her utility belt. It was the best! I was so irritated when it was shelved.

Another practical costume is Jack Night, Starman. Just a leather jacket, some jeans, and some shades. He basically picked what was laying around his floor when we first went out at Starman.

And of course, Zatanna’s tux and top-hat are perfect for that type of character.

2 Likes

Z’s best outfit is always her classic one but I did like her initial New 52 look with the leather pants. It was new and different, but still entirely fitting for her.

3 Likes

Any Superman suit rendered by Swan, Byrne, Jurgens, and Ordway.
Neal Adams Batman–excuse me–The Batman!
Silver Age Flash and Green Lantern. Sleek and very modern for the period.
Hawkman and Hawkgirl by Joe Kubert.
Adam Strange beautifully rendered by Carmine Infantino and Murphy Anderson.
Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato
Aquaman penciled by Jim Aparo

2 Likes

Superman prime, Nightwing, red hood, Barbara Gordon Batgirl, red Robin, the tinth armor costumes from the dark knights metal series, Wally west flash, bat suit from the dark knight returns, any Robin costume, red death, black flash, reverse flash, ultraviolet lantern corps, Martian manhunter, rorshack the list is too long lol

2 Likes

Google the 1982 DC Style Guide by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. Those are the definitive versions of all the costumes.

4 Likes

And a reference guide for Kenner’s Super Powers toys too.

3 Likes

Batman from the Arkham games and the Arkham suicide squad movie. Also the new one in the comic in which Barry and Bruce Wayne Batman meet Thomas Wayne Batman. Black and grey with not external trunks. No trunks in general. Underwear goes under the clothing.

1 Like

Man of steel super man suit and the black super man suit from his recovery after his so called death. Reign if the Supermen stuff.

1 Like

Bale’s Batman suit in tdk, Tim’s original suit, and the updated version he’s wearing now, Cassie’s Batgirl suit, Bart’s Impulse wear, and all of Cassie’s streetware inspired costumes (minus her first look).

1 Like

Oh, and Gadot’s WonderWoman!

1 Like

Batman’s suit because the idea of a bat man is actually kinda funny but some how he makes it bad ass

1 Like

Wally What’s red kid flash suit

1 Like

Loved Nightwings first suit as well as his first black and blue suit from 90s series.

1 Like

I always go to Silver Age Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman just because of how Iconic they are. I also love the design for Dr. Fate’s suit. Something majestic about it anytime he shows up. One more on the hero side of things is Mr. Miracle.

On the villain/anti-hero side of things, I like Deathstroke’s outfit (especially the one from Arrow).

2 Likes

My favorite is any form of dove

2 Likes

Batgirl all the way…She looks sick!(Not actually sick…just looks cool)

5 Likes

Totally agree Batgirl looks awesome but overall my favorite costume is Black Canarys.

3 Likes