1. The Mask of the Phantasm
  2. Under The Red Hood
  3. The Killing Joke

Honorable mentions:
Batman Subzero &
Assault on Arkham

2 Likes

I’ve only seen a handful so I’ll rank them all

1. Assault on Arkham (such a blast loved every second)
  2. Batman Ninja (I actually really liked this one loved the animation)
  3. Batman The Dark Knight Returns part 2 (loved this version of the Joker and a fun movie too)
  4. Son of Batman (entertaining but not that rewatchable)
  5. Batman Under the Red Hood (good but just forgettable)
  6. Batman The Dark Knight Returns part 1 (didn’t like it that much nothing memorable)
1 Like

Mask of the Phantasm

1 Like

Under the Red Hood is top for sure. Then I would say mask of the Phantasm

2 Likes

I think I’ve only seen two; I watched Mask of the Phantasm on video as a kid and the one they released to hype up The Dark Knight.

I’d say Mask is my favorite. I remember none of it but I remember Shirley Walker’s music.

EDIT: I take that back, I’ve seen the Batman Beyond movie and that is by far my favorite.

3 Likes

Under The Red Hood, Son Of Batman, Batman Beyond Return of The Joker, TDKR and Year One. I honestly couldn’t tell you just one.

1 Like
  1. Mask of the Phantasm
  2. Worlds Finest
  3. Under the Red Hood
2 Likes

Gotham Knight. For some reason a lot of people overlook this movie, but it’s so well rounded. I love the variety of stories it gives and the animation style. It’s one of a kind. I also love Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

2 Likes

Gotham by Gaslight: It shows the versatility of the character. You can pick him up, throw him into any era, and he is still Batman. Plus G by G has my favorite Bat costume of all time.

While I’d probably put up Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and JL:Doom as favs behind G by G. I will also give some love to Batman Ninja. It’s good to see him fail and then embrace the tools and tactics that will be most effective in that era. Again, showing the Batman as adaptable and defeatable. He is not the Batgod who knows everything and is always prepared for any situation. We see the humanness of Batman. That he is just a non-superpowered human.

1 Like

Mask of the Phantasm. Then Dark Knight Returns.

1 Like

Mask of the Phantasm is the best. Great story. It’s a testament to the amazing show by Timm. It also gets extra credit for being released theatrically.

2 Likes

@MidnighterAndApollo are you serious? Not judging but that’s a little bit of an odd choice. Also mine is Mask of the Phantasm and under the red hood

1 Like

Batman & Harley Quinn is actually a great choice. It is fun to see all of the small moments. “You’re my punishment for dropping out of med school.” That is classic and funny. There is a certain level of absurdist qualities to both Batm and HQ. I love to see Batman in comedy. It knocks him off his Bat-God pedestal and we really see how human and fallible he is.

Plus the Hanging on the Telephone number is the best single scene in DC Animated history.

2 Likes

Oh true, but I’d think someone would choose a more serious film, but I’m not judging lol

2 Likes

Batman:The Dark Knight Returns part 1 & 2
Batman: Under The Red Hood

2 Likes

Hmmm, I want to say dark knight returns or Batman vs Robin

1 Like

Under the Red Hood. The only DC animated film that comes close is Justice League: The New Frontier.

2 Likes

i have’nt seen them all but i’ve seen quite a few…and i would have to say Mask Of The Phantasm…it’s just a fantastic detective story/mystery…it’s the first one they made…and they made sure to get it right…and right it is…it’s flawless from top to bottom,just flawless…it hits all the right notes…batman’s love life…which we r always interested in…his origin…his conflict with the joker…everything…it’s so perfect…and to top it off siskel and ebert gave it 2 big thumbs up…which sealed the deal for me…to this day i have’nt seen a better dc film…not one…and we’ve had some fantastic ones…but not like Phantasm

2 Likes

Dang. I gotta watch mask of the phantasm now!

3 Likes

Bad Blood

1 Like