Favorite Batcave Entrance

This video is a montage of all “Secret Entrances to the Batcave: Evolution (Shows, Movies, and Games)”.

• Which is your favorite and why?

• Are there comic entrances that were even better?

3 Likes

Nothing beats the Batpoles, but the grandfather clock is a classic too.

6 Likes

Great choice, @JeepersItsTheJamags! This classic deserves two gifs

one for the bookcase opening to reveal the labeled poles

the other to show the incoming heroes :grinning:

6 Likes

It’s hard to pick because there are so many unique and interesting options, but one of my favorite entrances is from the Arkham Asylum game. It could be because you’re controlling Batman and it feels more immersive, but I can remember how brightly I lit up when first entering the Batcave. :star2:

2 Likes

I agree with @JeepersItsTheJamags you just can’t beat the 1966 Batman show for the best entrance to the Batcave! As a kid it probably was my favorite part along with theme music! :grinning:

3 Likes

I appreciate the creativity in the Batman Returns internal cave entrance. It doesn’t seem very practical, which to some degree makes it a fairly genius solution!

Hand in the exotic fish tank

Spiky tomb between the bookcases

Bring it on!

2 Likes

The Dark Knight shows Alfred coming in through a “large red storage container” entrance. A freight-style elevator takes him to Bruce’s cement “bunker”. This is a temporary location but always seemed off to me, as I enjoy the fanfare of a showy Batcave with a secret entrance.

1 Like

To the bat poles! Can’t beat the Batman ‘66 entrance. As a kid it was the coolest!

3 Likes

As an adult, they’re the coolest @TravisMorgan! :smile:

From a comic perspective, I love the way Batman The New 52 (Death of the Family storyline) showcases the secret entrances to the Batcave (possibly discovered by The Joker). If you haven’t read it,

:stop_sign: THESE PAGES MAY BE SPOILERS :stop_sign:

1 Like

I don’t think anything will ever feel more like a quintessential Batcave entrance than the Batpoles in the study. The grandfather clock is definitely a close second though.

2 Likes

I really like the clock and piano but the Batman Returns one wins for creativity
Also the statue that Keaton climbs into is Called a iron maiden I can’t remember if it’s a Torture device or execution device but either way It’s a pretty cool entrance

4 Likes

Good call, @Thebatman.7002! It reminds me of The Chokey from the movie Matilda. :laughing:

1 Like

I love the external entrances to the Batcave almost as much as the ones coming in through the Manor. In Batman (1989), we get to ride with Bruce and Vicki as they drive seemingly through the side of a wall and into the secret lair.

The transition from terrified to amazed is so funny.

Weeee’re Heeeeere!

1 Like

The batpoles are, of course, iconic, although the grandfather clock is probably my favorite. There’s something to be said for showmanship, but practical methods may make more sense.

The Iron Maiden was a supposed medieval torture device, although there isn’t really any evidence that it was ever used, and is generally considered to be an invention of later times to help sell popular notions about the “Dark Ages.”

2 Likes

I’m a Shakespeare’s head & turn the clock hands to the time Bruce’s parents died fan.

2 Likes

I did just read Batman meets the LOSH on here & the fire pole, plus Newmar & Craig appearances were very nice.

1 Like

The batpoles. Ghostbusters and Batman convinced kid-me that my first home would have poles between floors. Well - that never happened.

3 Likes

My uncle does have a secret door behind a bookcase and I’m extremely jealous.

4 Likes

Should we ask what’s behind that bookcase?:thinking:

2 Likes

What if it’s just more books?

2 Likes