🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

Seems like it’s been a very WonderTrev kinda week for me on the boards, so here is my favorite ever variant:

Diana? :ballot_box_with_check:
Steve? :ballot_box_with_check:
Art by Jenny Frison? :ballot_box_with_check:
Giant roses randomly in the foreground like a scene from an anime? …Guess that’s fine. :sweat_smile:

I own this and have it on my wall as part of my Diana shrine. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

A Diana shrine? I would love to see that!

8 Likes

I don’t want to get us too far off topic, but since you asked, and since it does technically include a variant cover… :grin:

My Diana Shrine

I shared this a couple of months ago on the “Look What I Just Got” thread, but it has evolved a bit since then. >_>

Here was the original set-up:

I very recently added more favorite covers I have collected (the mirror backing on that case makes it a pain to capture distance shots but here we go):

Nothing against my current nerdy light switch cover, but I really need to either change it back to the plain one or find a WW one. It’s throwing off my theme. :sweat_smile:

And here’s the obligatory shot of the case lit up (or as I believe @biff_pow put it, Diana emerging from a boom tube, which is now how I always think of it):

I am now out of wall space in that vicinity so the madness needs to stop there (or I will have to rotate covers).

10 Likes

Very cool @Angel212!

6 Likes

Awesome display @Angel212 , but you’re right, you need a Wonder Woman light switch cover. Check out these…

wonder woman light switch cover | eBay

Now to stay on topic, here is a variant cover.

Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100 - Page Super Spectacular #1 (10/5/21) variant by Sun Khamunaki.

10 Likes

Thanks, @TravisMorgan! :grin:

Oh wow. Thank you, @AK_Bandit! Going down the rabbit hole now… :sweat_smile:

Yeah see, this is where my lack of wall space is going to become a problem. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

If you should post Jim Lee, David Finch and/or Michael Turner variants in this thread (hint-hint), then I would say you know me too well. :wink:

Regarding light switch covers, Hobby Lobby has oodles of them that are DC-based (including Wonder Woman, @Angel212). They also have a ton of other nifty DC decor as well.

7 Likes

That is a wonderful display! I really like that statue and the mirror case is amazing!

This is a great cover and hope to add it to my collection.

7 Likes

Thanks, @D4RK5TARZ! I have not had any reason yet to regret my purchases, even if my wallet may beg to differ. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wonderwoman:

7 Likes

What does your wallet know? It’s a just a piece of plastic and/or cloth.

You, OTOH, are the one with a fine, fine Wonder Woman display. :00_wonder_woman_stars: :+1:t2:

“Moving on.”

This WW 80th cover…

…is quite tempting.

This…

…will be my go-to cover, but depending on what new books will run for me on 10/5, I might get the Khamunaki variant as well, provided it sells at cover and isn’t a limited piece.

10 Likes

Yeah! Take that, wallet! :rofl:

Thank you very much, @Vroom. :blush:

As for the WW 80th covers…I literally love all of them. So I have some difficult decisions to make in October. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Midtown Comics currently has the nine versions of Wonder Woman 80th on sale for $7.99 (20% savings off cover), plus a couple of higher priced variants.

Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 (One Shot) Cover E Variant Jen Bartel Costume Celebration Wraparound Cover - Midtown Comics

This is the only site as of right now, I could find the Khamunaki variant. Listed with a price of $24.99, it may be limited.

10/05/2021 WONDER WOMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 SSCO SUN – Sanctum Sanctorum Comics & Oddities LLC

6 Likes

I didn’t see this WW 80th variant before…?!

:star_struck: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

10 Likes

That’s the Michael Cho Silver Age variant. The online stores I checked didn’t have an image for this one yet. Glad you found it.

Here is another one that hasn’t been posted yet. This is the Travis Moore Bronze Age variant.

If this is anything like WW #750, there will be plenty more variants arriving in the next month.

9 Likes

Nice! Love that one, too!

Oh no. I’m scared. :money_with_wings:

Wait, does this mean we’ll probably get a hardcover collection of this with all the covers in the back (like 750)? That…changes things for me. >_>

6 Likes

A few 9/14/21 variants:

Justice League #67, by Alexander Lozano (definitely snagging this one :heart:)

Superman and The Authority #3 :heart:

Titans United #1, by Jung-Geon Yoon

@CassTheStreet Check it out! :point_up:t2: Donna! :heart_eyes_cat: Will you be picking up Titans United? @TheWifeOfJasonTodd Red Hood is going to be in this series. Interested?

@AK_Bandit Thanks for the 411. If the Khamunaki variant is limited, I’ll pass. The Jen Bartel variant is what I’m focused on.

11 Likes

:star_struck: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Interested yes. But boy do I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I have yet to even read the Red Hood: Outlaw storyline. I’ve had a bit of a… long hiatus from reading comics for about a year or so, though I have read a small bit from newer books that I have gotten. Looks like I got quite a bit to read though when I get more time on my hands.

8 Likes

I wasn’t planning on reading Titans United as it came out, but being that I’m enjoying your guy on Titans as much as I am (as well as the new season in general), I thought “What the heck?” and will give #1 a whirl next week.

How much I enjoy #1 will determine if I stick with the title for the rest of its issues, or wait for it to come to DCUI/come out in trade.

6 Likes

Artist spotlight tonight on Mike Mayhew. I will also be doing the same on the EyeCandy thread in the Iceberg Lounge.

12 Likes