Jamal Campbell

Jorge Corona

Detective Comics 1046 (Lee Bermejo)

Detective Comics 1046 (Stephen Segovia) 1:25 variant

Julian Totino Tedesco

Ivan Tao

Jonboy Meyers

10 Likes

I think it’s so interesting how Jorge Corona’s variants for the Flash are so different from his work on Batgirls!

6 Likes

I nabbed this (and the regular cover, natch) at my store yesterday.

While its a solid piece on its own merits, I also like how similar it is to the lenticular cover of the Superman Forever one-shot, which also showed Clark opening his shirt and taking off as Superman.

The variants for Action, Deathstroke Inc. and Justice League were tempting, but I held off.

8 Likes

I was tempted to get both covers, but I have mostly been going with just the variants, because I’m usually congentially against double buying. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m usually against double buying, but sometimes, it can’t be helped when great art is to be had.

For titles I read digitally (with the Superbooks being the only titles I consistently buy in print), my latest thing has been to pick the cover I like most, regular or the variant, and if I choose the variant, then I don’t buy the digital edition (since I’ll eventually have it via DCUI in 6 months) and instead only buy the variant when a book in question is new to retail.

I used to buy both, but I opted out of that, so as to focus on the cover I like most (and again, I’ll get the digital edition here in time, so it works out well, in all respects).

6 Likes

Some Vertigo eye candy:

If you haven’t read Bite Club, its worth checking out.

Neither it, or its sequel Bite Club: Vampire Crime Unit, are available in digital yet, but the singles, digest of the first series and The Complete Bite Club trade are all pretty easy to get a hold of via eBay and other outlets.

7 Likes

My double buying rule is 1) great art, 2) has Steph in it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Among my double buy rules:

If it’s by Jim Lee, looks great and is affordable, it’s mine. :star_struck:

Speaking of, I believe his World’s Finest #1 variant (along with those by Fabok, Artgerm and Weeks) is being sold at cover.

Come March 22nd, I’m waiting outside the comic store for those WF variants. Between the regular cover and the above variants, I’ll be spending $24 (plus tax) on WF #1, but…the series is my most-anticipated ongoing of 2022 so far, so I’ll be doing my part to help it get a good start.
:muscle:t2: :clark_hv_4:

5 Likes

Totally fair! Everyone has their own rules for purchasing and budget. I feel the same about the Batgirls series - I want it to do well, so I’m more willing to buy more than one! But only if the cover has Steph in pride of place and is gorgeous!

5 Likes

My double rules:

Instinct

First Appearance

I always stick with these when it comes to books- it def paid off when I doubled the double clause and bought four of these:

51xFghMFP2L

9 Likes

If I were better at figuring out how to sell comics, I might think about that. But I only buy comics I want to keep forever! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same- never selling my #12s. Donated one to my fave comics shop here in Chicago a while back (they were struggling and needed the sales potential) and now I have three. :+1:

8 Likes

That was incredibly nice of you! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We go back thirty years and they were one of the very few comics stores back in the day that recognized me as a legit comics collector rather than some annoying girl that they could brush off (like so many others did back in the 1990s). I’m a limited investor with them as well. :+1:

8 Likes

The bond between a fan and a store is a real one! I currently travel about 40 minutes to get to mine, even though there’s one just a couple of minutes from my work.

7 Likes

It is indeed. I’m heading over to mine today- looking forward to it. :smiley:

7 Likes

Nice TBA #12 scores, @DC89. You were definitely (as TDK Joker said) “Ahead of the curve.”

What was once bargain bin fodder turned into a high demand book.

As the DCAU Joker once said, “Ain’t it the way?”

4 Likes

So now that I started reading again after a year long hiatus, I just remembered that graphic novels include variant covers and some artist notes at the end of the book…

I can’t believe I forgot about this :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

I just made THIS gorgeous cover -

my lock screen :heart_eyes: :drooling_face:

10 Likes