🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

Some Dustin Nguyen since he came up this week for Festival of Heroes. :purple_heart: (And thanx @Vroom & @AK_Bandit! :wave: Hi @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!)

Uploading: D9368490-6288-4958-88C5-3923E1AC4FA8.png…

12 Likes

Came across some Bats! :bat: :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Dustin Nguyen for the win! :+1:t2:

Speaking of, I really should read “As The Crow Flies”, an arc of Batman v1 that he drew in 2004.

I used to have the trade of that arc, and later on, I bought the single issues, but did I ever read it in full in either format? Nope. :cry:

I suppose I should now. I’m only 17 years late, so why not? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Look at my gurrrl! :heart_eyes: :star_struck: Ready for any and all challenges that the night may bring. I :purple_heart: her sooo much! :purple_heart:

Thanks for posting this Queen @Razzzcat. :smiley: :hugs:

11 Likes

@DC89 Its good right?! I just like watercolors, of course, so maybe I’m biased…but it suits her. Excellent pose too! :purple_heart:

I brought some Yara Flor, because I was window shopping, and I can’t remember if these all made it in here yet. :00_wonder_woman_gold: :star_struck:

:woman_shrugging:t2: better late than never, I say.

12 Likes

Co-signing all of this Queen @Razzzcat. Watercolor is just such a tremendously compelling and beautiful medium- it’s my fave. I could easily spend my entire day at a gallery just taking in the profound gorgeousness of it. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

I have been known to disappear into museums and galleries all day too. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I felt that. :wink::purple_heart:

10 Likes

checks out the WG variants, once again

Golly, she’s pretty. :star_struck: She’d never go for me though.

Skip, you’d be amazed (then again, you might not) at how late I’ve been, and still am, for some things.

Anyhow, I was going to pass on the Bilquis Evely WG #1 variant, but when I saw it at the comic store on Tuesday…yeah, that plan flew right out the window. :sweat_smile:

So far, my favorite WG cover in general is the regular one for #3. It radiates a sexy, romantic quality that I quite like.

7 Likes

This one here? :full_moon_with_face: I forgot it…somehow. Anyone else read it?

10 Likes

Mmmhmm, and to answer your other inquiry, mmmhmm. It’s good.

8 Likes

My Top Ten Superman covers.

Superman_Vol_4_4_Variant

10 Likes

contemplates what his top 10 Superman-related covers would be

It’s just like when Brodie met Stan Lee in Mallrats: How does one choose in the heat in the moment?

That said, this has been one of my favorites since I bought it in 2005:

I love it, just love it. The slick pencils by Ed Benes, the sumptuous colors, the absolutely unbridaled fury emanating from Superman…it’s just fan-****ing-tastic!

Mark Verheiden’s run on Superman (which started in #217 and goes through #225) is just fun, and is easily one of my favorite mini-runs in modern Superman comic history.

I loves me some Superman Blue, so these two covers need a mention:

This one was the Faces of the DC Universe (a cover theme that ran on most books released in October of 1997) cover for Superman:

Finally, Strange Visitor, a fun, highly-underrated character (she was also in the Rebirth volume of Supergirl, if memory serves). I can’t blame her for wanting to wear Superman’s old threads.

8 Likes

Infinite Frontier-related variants on sale beginning 5/25/21:

Action Comics #1031

Batman/Superman #18

Detective Comics #1036

Harley Quinn #3 (I’m digging Harls’ outfit)

Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom #1

Robin #2

Stargirl Spring Break Special one-shot

I might nab the Stargirl variant. I love that both the main and variant covers are by Todd Nauck, the primary artist of the original volume of Young Justice, a book that Court would have been a perfect fit for.

9 Likes

Getting all the Batman: Urban Legends in one place. :purple_heart: And thank you @Vroom for the shiny new covers! :superman:

10 Likes

BIG Batman '89 variant first issue cover spoiler here.

8 Likes

TSS themed Batman #111 :grinning: :00_suicide_squad2: :0_harley_quinn:

8 Likes

Two great tastes that go together: David Finch artwork (he’s the artist of the Batman and Red Hood piece) and Grifter (by far my favorite member of the WildC.A.T.S, and a favorite Wildstorm character of mine as well).

Cheeky! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Happy to be of assistance, Lady @Razzzcat. :superman_hv_4: :clark_hv_4:

bows, gentlemanly

7 Likes

Infinite Frontier variants on sale 6/1/21:

Batman #109

Joshua Middleton

Jen Bartel

Riccardo Federici 1:25

Crush and Lobo #1 Note: IDK if Crush & Lobo technically is an Infinite Frontier title (as it doesn’t have the branding the way the other first issues of assorted titles have), but I’ll include it anyway.

Yoshi Yoshitani

Christian Ward 1:25

Dan Hipp foil cover

Green Lantern #3, by Bryan Hitch

Justice League #62, by Howard Porter

Check it out, @Shayera.Hol! :point_up:t2: Hawkgirl’s front and center on that one.

Suicide Squad #4, by Gerald Parel

The Swamp Thing #4, by Gerardo Zaffino

My pick for Variant of The Week™:

Crime Syndicate #4, by Khary Randolph

:notes: “Its not easy being green.” :notes: :00_lc_green_lantern:

11 Likes

Arriving this week.

Natali Sanders

10 Likes

Hey everybody! I have brought Diana Prince! :00_wonder_woman_gold: :purple_heart: Since its Pride Month n’ all…

My fave of the bunch :point_up_2:

2nd fave of the bunch :point_down:

The new additions are so shiny @AK_Bandit & @Vroom :star_struck: Thanx!! Ps. @DC89 thats one of my favorite of the new Suicide Squad variants, too. :diamonds:

11 Likes