Check out our Dustin Nguyen Spotlight! The Artist Behind Lil’ Gotham & More

This week’s DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration, which features the collective work of over thirty AAPI artists and writers, is a colorful testament of how deep the creative well truly is when it comes to gifted Asian and Pacific Islander comic book talent. However, it’s easy to forget that while many of these artists have come to comics recently, a good number of them have been a part of the industry for well over a decade.

It’s been a little while since we’ve gotten a new DC story from Dustin Nguyen, so we thought it was a good moment to chat with him a bit about his career as an artist, what he loves about drawing books for young readers and the unique relationship he had with Batman as a child.

To read more about Nguyen’s career, his love for Batman and how his story for DC Festival of Heroes came to be, head over to DC Comics!

Do you have a favorite art piece by Nguyen? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

10 Likes

Not yet…but I look forward to seeing more of his work

1 Like

I love Lil’Gotham! I’m not sure if I have a specific favorite piece of art, but the whole series is great.

2 Likes

Li’l Gotham rules, but Streets of Gotham is so underrated. Tons of worldbuilding exploring how the darkest city in the DCU came to be.

2 Likes

Everything, especially his art for Li’l Gotham and the issue of Batgirl that had Klarion as a guest-star.

2 Likes

I don’t have a favorite piece, but he’s one of my favorite artists! i love his watercolor work so much, and he inspired me to try it myself (not that i’m any good, but i enjoy failing at it!).

his childhood link to Batman is so pure, and i didn’t know he came here as a refugee. he’s led an inspiring life.

1 Like

@Viciousdark characters look better. DC should have hired him.

1 Like