Exclusive Sneak Peek! NEW GODS BOOK ONE: BLOODLINES! - Releasing 4.13.21

If you’ve been hearing about NEW GODS lately (RIP, NEW GODS movie), you may be interested in catching up on the immense power and strength of these bigger-than-life characters. Look no further than this latest #sneak-peek of NEW GODS BOOK ONE: BLOODLINES!

This collection of stories reimagines Jack Kirby’s famous creations for a new era. Writer Mark Evanier, former assistant to New Gods creator Jack Kirby, teams with artist Paris Cullins to revive Orion, Darkseid, Metron, Kalibak, and more in this collection of key late-80s stories, set in the wake of Cosmic Odyssey. Stories include Orion leading an expedition to Earth and the six-part “Bloodline Saga.” Collects New Gods #1-14, releasing 2021-04-13T07:00:00Z

Take a step back in time and indulge in the highly stylized, extreme, and expressive storytelling as only the NEW GODS can do!

Get your pre-order in over at dccomics.com, or by calling up your friendly local comic shop.

Will you be dominating the cosmos with this gorgeous collected edition? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

9 Likes

Good news! Beautiful artwork from Paris Cullins!

Also, is there any chance of DC collecting the Forever People miniseries (1987)? This series also featured art by Cullins and would nicely complement the “Bloodlines” collection. More importantly, this series returned the Forever People to the DCU for first time since 1972 (when the original Forever People series ended). It’s amazing to realize that one of Jack Kirby’s core Fourth World concepts remained in limbo for 15 years!

6 Likes

Great Series and artwork on this.

4 Likes

For a second, I was thrown off. I was like, “Wait: those are actual comic book colors! How can this book be a new release?!” But then I saw that it was a collected edition.

Still pretty cool.

6 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

3 Likes

Since this material is on DCUI, I’ll pass on the book and save my chips for other upcoming collections, especially the “The New Gods: A Celebration of 50 Years” book due later in the year and/or the “Jack Kirby’s Fourth World by John Byrne” omnibus.

1 Like

Cool! I read these issues only a few months ago for the first time and was surprised by how much I liked them.

1 Like