Exclusive Sneak Peek! MAN-BAT (2021) #1 Releasing February 2nd

Pssst- Hey! We’ve got something to share with you- but keep it under your hat, because members of the DC Comics Community are seeing this before anyone else! :shushing_face:

BEHOLD! An exclusive sneak peek at the MAN-BAT (2021) #1 variant cover & FIRST SIX PAGES:

Variant Cover Artist: Kevin Nowlan

FIRST SIX PAGES (TEXTLESS):

MAN-BAT (2021) is a five-issue miniseries featuring the creative might of:

Writer: Dave Wielgosz
Artist: Sumit Kumar
Colors: Romulo Fajardo Jr.
Letters: Tom Napolitano
Cover: Kyle Hotz & Alejandro Sánchez
Variant Cover: Kevin Nowlan

For years Kirk Langstrom has struggled with his monstrous alter ego Man-Bat and the serum that transformed him. But he’s finally hit rock bottom following a devastating setback, and he’s going to take out his anger on every single citizen of Gotham City. Will the combined might of Batman and the GCPD be enough to stop Langstrom once and for all? Or will this just be the start of Man-Bat’s devastation?

Will you be delving into the vengeance-fueled rampage of MAN-BAT? Let us know your thoughts and reactions in the comments below! :point_down:

29 Likes

The hero (or villain, I suppose…) we didn’t know we needed! :eyes:

14 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:

14 Likes

I was a huge fan of Man-Bat’s character arc in James Tynion and Ram V’s JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. Excited to see where he goes from there!

16 Likes

It’s my first encounter with him, I’m very excited to read this series!

14 Likes

Ooh, sounds very horror-ish! I can only hope.

11 Likes

Look forward to it.

10 Likes

The colour palette definitely gives more of a spooky vibe!

11 Likes

The first couple pages gave a bit of a Bernie Wrightson vibe. I rarely get too excited about new stuff but this genuinely has my interest.

10 Likes

Sounds interesting – the story sounds like it’ll expand on the condensed Man-Bat origin seen in the past, and the art can go from dark and moody to quick and kinetic depending on the situation.

I might have to give that a shot when it comes out. :smiley:

11 Likes

The co-creator of one of my favourite series :eyes:

I can definitely see what you mean!

11 Likes

Definitely the first issue at least, nothing to lose!

10 Likes

What a awesome cover! Maybe I should use that cover for Countdown to DCUI!:thinking:

11 Likes

Maybe you should :eyes::thinking:

9 Likes

See…now THIS is what I’m talking about! Getting a look at a new character or book first because we are DC Universe subscribers. Love it and hope this happens as much as possible!

I also hope we all adhere to the code and don’t share this outside this thread! Don’t let others in on our fun - if they want to see this they should subscribe like we have!

12 Likes

Super glad to hear that you appreciate it, Felix! You guys are truly some of the most dedicated fans that DC has and we always look for new ways to reward you for that and to give back :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Image - Man-Bat #1

I love this panel. I hadn’t read the plot synopsis - too eager to get a look at the pages - and since this was the last panel of page 6 I wasn’t sure if this a cool reference to Batman by making Man-Bat’s shadow look like Batman or if the Dark Knight was swooping in on him. Of course, I soon found out which one when I clicked to the next page but for a moment I thought it was a great use of shadow to reference another character when in fact it was a warning of what was to come.

The artwork and editing are excellent because even without the text you can tell what is going on, what the story is and who the characters are. In fact I’ll be curious how much the text in the book syncs up with what I have placed there in my head.

I have never heard of Man-Bat before but I will definitely check this out when it arrives here on DCUI in August.

11 Likes

@Alec.Holland, Something tells me you’re a huge fan of Man-Bat. What’s your favorite Man-Bat story? Mine is from the first episode of Batman The Animated Series, that’s such a classic! I even had a toy from the Animated series.:grinning:

9 Likes

You had me at “exclusive”! :wink: The artwork looks amazing and I have to say I’m looking forward to this!

This is exactly what I was thinking! I mean, look at these expressions, it’s like I can hear what’s being said through their eyes alone:

12 Likes

Loving that this amazing community is growing even more with awesome comics goodness and exclusive peeks like this! I love minis for side characters, hope we see more of this! :hugs:

12 Likes