Every Title Launching on DC Universe Infinite on January 21st, 2021

Oh my gosh!!! As if I wasn’t excited enough already. Thursday can’t come fast enough!!!

2 Likes

So finally had a chance to look it over. Will admit not a huge Vertigo fan (and won’t lie, a little disappointed nothing related to Fables, the one Vertigo book I am into didn’t get even Wolf Among us or Jack of Fables included). But still some nice books in here.

Most excited for

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Always wanted to read it but never got around to. Hear it is great.
Chuck - I forgot this existed, but I enjoyed the series so might have to check that out. That was a definite surprise addition.
iZombie - I have only read the first volume trade, nothing like the show that came out based on it, but interesting. Will have to check it out.
Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes - Never got all the issues at the time, so like having a more convenient way to read the story.
Superman: Earth One - Another one I have meant to read but never gotten around to. Hopefully this will inspire me.

Also excited to be six months closer to the present on the titles I have been reading regularly on here.

All in all a good selection. Kind of smaller then I had hoped, but it will keep me busy for a while.

I do wonder is this all we can except for the forseeable future, or is there the possibility of another dump like this down the line?

4 Likes

Being able to customize the app icon is an amazing idea, can’twait to try it out!!!

5 Likes

I think that is the newest one

4 Likes

Would like to see these added ASAP:
Justice League Europe
Green Lantern v2 #1-47
Superman (original pre-crisis series) issues from 1980’s
Silver Age Showcase
Brave and the Bold
Worlds Finest missing issues between #199-#284

More Archiving quantity needed along with the frequency!

4 Likes

Considering the way the app is being sold, I was really hoping to see some of the huge gaps in Superman and Action filled in. I’d love complete runs on those books, Batman, Detective and World’s Finest.

I’ll also vote for Sandman Mystery Theatre, Sgt. Rock, All-Star Comics and Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew.

6 Likes

Welcome to the DCU @Gary.Zzzax and @dlkmgd! :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Neil Gaiman’s Sandman
Watchmen

3 Likes

I’d like to see:

Secret Society of Super-Villains
Freedom Fighters (the original run)
Thriller

6 Likes

I would definitely like to see more of the comics available on hoopla here on DCUI
However I do wish they kept them on hoopla for those who can’t afford the service.
I support libraries having access to DC content, specially thru hoopla.

7 Likes

I’ve been excited about DCUI but didn’t want to get my hopes up too much.
The announcement did not disappoint tho, there’s a lot to dive in here and I’m very happy about it.
I’ve read Harleen son hoopla and I’m happy to have it here ^^ looking forward to read more of the vertigo tittles.
Thank you moderators for the update!

4 Likes

It would be great to see Sandman, 100 Bullets, Batman Graphic Novels and all Vertigo library so far published.

4 Likes

Sgt. Rock
GI Combat
Weird War Tales
Start adding more House Of Mystery, House Of Secrets, The Unexpected, etc…

6 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe @almirdvd & @Quagmire5.11233, glad to have you guys here. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I am hoping for interface improvements:

• Whenever I finish a series of comics or want to change what I’m reading, the only way I can get back to the browse list is to leave the app and come back in. Having a navigation menu that can pop up anywhere would help a lot.
  • I currently have to page through the entire collection alphabetically to find titles. Having letter-by-letter links so I could just jump to “M” or “S” or “Z” would be really convenient.
  • Adding a “My List” feature like the ones streaming video services have would really make things easier.
    I will miss the video part of the service, but I am looking forward to Infinite.

~ Your Obedient Serpent

7 Likes

A question. When posting in the January part 1 list the following was stated:
“ We will be posting the DC Universe Infinite updates in the new year, listing out well over 1,000 comic book issues with titles from Black Label, Vertigo, the Archives (yes, you read that right), and more!”

Did the Archives just mean the return of adding older comics?

I guess I was under the impression that that would be digitized versions of the archive hardcovers. Personally I was really hoping for the Legion,Shazam and Spirit archives to start being added.

Just looking for clarification. Looking forward to see the new app and checking out the list function. Thanks

4 Likes

Although I wanted a little more from The Sandman Universe, I get to read Lucifer, Hellblazer and lots of other great DC stories!
DC UNIVERSE INFINITE IS TAKING OVER!!

4 Likes

I know that the DCUI it’s all about comics but it would have been great keeping some videos available, for example, the Specials (documentaries). I mean, there’s a lot of DC History in those videos. I honestly doubt they’ll be available on HBO MAX.

5 Likes

If by Specials
You mean the documentaries
They are still available
At other Warner Brothers
Web sites for free
See link

6 Likes

Im excited about readin the comments for classic books like Preacher,Hellblazer, et al. There’s folks here , new to comics, that can truly see what the medium is capable in terms of stories beyond the capes. Gonna be fun!

5 Likes