Etrigan Comics Help

Does anyone know what comic this is from?

4 Likes

Detective Comics #603 :+1:

Linkadink :wink:

6 Likes

And the link!!
558f027cc10c9600b1fa70f39ef2f0fb

Thank you!!! :hugs:

4 Likes

That issue was actually my introduction to the Demon Etrigan!

Prior to that I had never heard of Etrigan and I really didn’t pay much attention to him afterwards except when he appeared in a Lobo mini or on The New Batman Adventures and the Justice League Animated Series

4 Likes

That’s how I was introduced as a kid but since then I’ve tried to read/find everything with Etrigan/Blood in it. He’s one of my favorite characters!

And I really like this detective comics version, he’s kind of dark and witty.

5 Likes

@stefanie.m If you want more Etrigan, and haven’t already read it, be sure to check out John Byrne’s Blood of The Demon ongoing.

2 Likes

Dude i have not just ordered it from my comic book shop. Thanks so much it looks amazing and the story sounds good. :+1:

Any more suggestions I’m all ears :grin:

4 Likes

Ever read Demon Knights? It’s one of the underrated gems of the wave 1 New 52 books, with Etrigan heavily featuring in it.

Unlike Blood of The Demon, Demon Knights is available in our library.

4 Likes

Definitely underrated. The art alone is lovely.

4 Likes

RIP Norm Breyfogle. My favorite Bat artist. So expressive, and so creative with utilizing shadows and the cape.

4 Likes

@stefanie.m, no prob. :hugs:

2 Likes

So I’ve been on a huge Etrigan kick recently. I was introduced to him through New Batman Adventures as a child and then JL/JLU.

I recently read through the original Kirby run, which I’ve had on my shelf for a long time, I got the animated version figures of Klarion, Teekl and Etrigan…

It seems like Klarion is the best part of the original run, other than Morgan Le Fay he’s basically Etrigan’s arch-villain. He’s like Batmite or Mxyzptlk.

I’m wondering if there are any other great appearances of Klarion/Teekl or of the Pilgrim-looking adults who are responsible for Klarion.

1 Like

That era and run of Allan Grant scripts, and Norm Breyfogle’s artwork was my absolute favorite run of Detective Comics of all time. This was right around the era of the first Michael Keaton movie, and was probably the last time Batman wore the Blue and Grey, as it all shifted to fit the black outfits after that. You can also see a lot of the style that would influence the Batman Animated series, which if i remember would be about a year around the corner when that issue came out.

1 Like

Klarion (and Teekl) got a 4 issue miniseries as part of Grant Morrison’s Seven Soldiers event, and it starts in a Puritan styled community.

2 Likes

This was a great suggestion! I read that today and really enjoyed it! It added a lot to my appreciate of the Klarion character. I’m checking out the new 52 Klarion as well.

2 Likes