eclipso miniseries

Nah, Extreme Justice was an ongoing.

A ripe ongoing, but a fun one IMO.

1 Like

I agree with @Batwing52, there’s some good stuff in those Eclipso annuals! It’s about characters dealing with their darker nature. Eclipso was also very smart. He used Valor and the Will Payton Starman to lower everyone’s defenses. I remember reading the finale of the mini-series and being genuinely shocked at the sacrifice a certain hero made to stop Eclipso.

It was a fun story. It didn’t have to be super-important, it didn’t have to rely on the writer’s name to sell it, it was just a fun story. That’s all it needed to be.

2 Likes

I’m not saying Eclipso has nothing worthwhile. I’m just saying it’s one of the lesser crossovers. I do seem to recall somewhat interesting twists and turns in that final issue though. I remember somehow Eclipso managed to get a big army of heroes angry at once and captured a whole group, but I forgot how it was done.

I’ve seen JLApes, but I’m not sure I’ve ever read it. It looked kind of hilarious.

Extreme Justice was a turd. I bought the entire series out of the bargain bin and I have no idea why I thought it was worth fifty cents an issue.

@BatWatch
Don’t worry. At least yours were cheap. I was buying those in the ‘90s instead of Starman. Biggest regret in my life. (Okay, that’s hyperbole, but still.)

Ouch. What drew you to Extreme Justice? It’s pretty Captain Atom focused so I can see fans of him being lured.

I don’t know. It was the ‘90s. I liked Rob Liefeld and everything back then. I don’t think it was Captain Atom, it was probably Booster Gold. I was (and, for the most part still am) a big BG fan. I ended up buying Starman in like 2009 on eBay. I think it was ‘09, because it was after the omnibuses but before that Blackest Night issue and certainly before digital comics were really a thing.

Eclipso House of Secrets from the silver age is the best eclipso

@Batwing52, I enjoyed the story in Extreme Justice, too! The art was ROUGH but getting to see how Captain Atom dealt with this version of Monarch and the whole plot with Booster stuck in the armor was interesting. It was just getting good too when they cancelled it.