Doom Patrol Writer Rachel Pollack Has Died

Some bad news.Rachel Pollack, who wrote a run of Doom Patrol has died at age 77. She had been diagnosed with lymphoma last year. Her run on Doom Patrol is highly regarded by quite a few, and it would have an impact on the TV series.

7 Likes

Oh no, how sad. She seems like she was an amazing woman. She did a lot of good for the comic world and the trans community. Thanks for sharing, @mercurie80.

5 Likes

Wow! I had no idea!! That’s horrible!

3 Likes

:candle::white_heart: :disappointed:
:doom_patrol_club:

4 Likes

She was just such an incredible woman. She’s my favorite Doom Patrol writer besides Arnold Drake and Grant Morrison. And then there’s her science fiction novels and her trans activism going back to the Sixties. There are a lot of great writers, but I don’t think many did as much as she did in her life.

3 Likes

@ProActress, you hear about this?

3 Likes

I really liked her follow up to Grant Morrison’s run. And I enjoyed the connection between Cliff and Kate

5 Likes

I have through Twitter, she has and always will leave a huge impact on Doom Patrol for many, many decades to come :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: :doom_patrol_club: :doom_patrol_club: :doom_patrol_club: :dp_robotman:

4 Likes

It is very sad. She has left behind an amazing legacy and I know us DC fans will never forget her or her incredible work.

4 Likes

Sad news.
Best wishes to her family and friends :shamrock::+1:.

3 Likes

not another one the grim reaper sure has been after comic people of late

4 Likes

Rest In Peace :heart: :doom_patrol_club:

4 Likes