Doom Patrol TV Rating Is....

TV-MA! Well I guess I should’ve expect that to happen. I still hope it’ll be a great show, maybe cut down a language a bit and I’d be happy. Is Stargirl and Harley Quinn will be TV-MA also? Swap Thing, I’m pretty sure it will be. Not to sound like I’m complaining or anything, DC when you have a new show on away in a year or 2, please make a TV-14 rated show.

5 Likes

I highly doubt Stargirl will be ‘M’, but Harley Quinn is looking a little “blue”.

4 Likes

I would like some new shows that kids are able to watch. I am a little overprotective of my younger brothers. So what?!

2 Likes

Stargirl looks like tv 14

1 Like

@Behemoth.Ravenlord
Please be careful. I had over protective parents and I grew up with low self esteem and depression. It pretty much ruined my life. I’m going to be 39 this summer and even though I’ve been in charge of my life for over twenty years the low self esteem and depression doesn’t go away. I have excepted that my life will never get any better. I know my parents did the best they could and it’s a parents responsibility to keep their kids safe and teach them how to live but there’s a huge difference in that and being over protective. If your brothers are extremely young to the point that they don’t know right from wrong age then Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series might be a good introduction into the DC Universe for them. There’s also Justice League and other animated DC stuff on here.

3 Likes

rogdc, I don’t mean like that. My brothers are able to take care of themselves. We are just careful about what we watch/read. They are young adults. But we have a silent agree to take care of each other. That is why I view a show before I actually let them watch it. Even in Young Justice there are parts I skipped over. Seeing certain characters in a state of undress is not something we like to see.

1 Like

Harley being TV-MA would be the best! Penny Quinn dropping f-bombs, all kinds of salty humor and such. I’m for it =)

2 Likes

“What tastes like blue?”

1 Like

Orange. Orange tastes like Blue

1 Like

I’m so excited for Harley!!! anyone know if her and Ivy will be a couple in it???

1 Like

Behemoth your brothers are probably going to grow up to resent you be careful

I’m also a bit disappointed. I’m just not really a TV-MA kind of person. I feel like there’s a big difference between subjects being handled in mature ways vs excessive cussing, nudity, etc. I just don’t see that as very mature at all.

Glad that there are people who are stoked, it looks like it will be great and it actually looks very well made, and of course it’s been super hyped up lol.

I’m just gonna have to give this one a pass. I gave Titans a go, and ultimately due to its rating it just wasn’t for me. Hopefully they’ll add some TV-14 live action shows to round out the content a bit, and hopefully everyone who is looking forward to it enjoys every minute of it! :blush:

4 Likes

@foodini, don’t worry. That isn’t going to happen. When I say overprotective, that means I care about what they watch, listen to, or hear. I don’t force them to do anything.
But I would like some more child/young adult friendly types of shows. Let’s be honest, even TV-14 isn’t good sometimes. That is why I like watching the cartoon tv shows on here. They are more child friendly than the newer shows like Young Justice 3 and Titans.

2 Likes

Doom Patrol is TV M? Frack that! I mean seriously, what the frell?

4 Likes

John McClane nailed it when he said “Yippee ki-yay Mister Falcone!” Coolest retort to a villian.

receives new information from the Facts Department

Oh, he said THAT?! Well, that sounds MUCH more BA! Who’s that “Falcone” guy anyway?

OMG…John knew Carmine Falcone before Bruce did! The Internet just broke!

I hope Al Gore kept his receipt and the box.

5 Likes

Ah fish sticks!

2 Likes

Are fish sticks the same as fiddlesticks?

2 Likes

No, “fish stick” is different.

“Hey, fish stick! Yeah, I’m talking to you shoes for brains! You can cram it with walnuts ugly!”

See?

5 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of felgercarb to me.

1 Like

Well, it is a big ol’ pile of beudaschmop! Good of you to notice.

2 Likes