Doom Patrol Season 2 Premiere Date!

This makes me happy :smiley:

4 Likes

Idk, there may not be. But I know that i started the first episode and saw boobs and lots and lots of f bombs so I turned it off.

2 Likes

YOU KNOW IT!

7 Likes

Yeah, it felt like they wanted to establish right away that this series is “mature”, so they brought out a blunt weapon- but it really didn’t come up at all like that any further into the series. Many more weird, bizarre, sometimes indescribable moments, though…

6 Likes

Same here! :robotman_dp:

4 Likes

Yeah, there was definitely some explicit cough moments in the first 15 minutes! After that it really became more about mature themes (like processing trauma and identity) than explicit or even implicit sex ever again. The episode “Nazi Patrol” was especially violent though, in a cartoony way, so warning on that if you decide to give it another go.

Edit: Oh, the language remains a thing, though. That Jane has a mouth on her (Well, mostly Hammerhead, in addition to a few others).

8 Likes

FINALLY! I love this and I am PUMPED

4 Likes

Thanks! I might try it again…

3 Likes

I edited my above comment to mention that the language does stay pretty…language-y. So I understand if that’s a turn-off.

6 Likes

I was turned off by the first episode, but I gave the second a try, and each consecutive episode after that one-upped the previous one. At the end of each Friday I would say to myself “wow, that’s my favorite episode yet, now way they top that one”, and then they did the very next week! Truly my favorite superhero show out there (That’s right, I see you Daredevil and Watchmen, and I stand by that)

7 Likes

Yeah, Doom Patrol is my favorite DC Universe show now, but that first episode turned me off the first time I watched it. Took me a couple weeks to go back and watch the rest. It really establishes the show as weird. The sex scene (idk, something about the direction of that particular scene, because I don’t usually mind sex in a show) and the donkey fart made me think it wasn’t my type of show, but I was so very wrong. It’s SUCH a good show. I love it’s weirdness.

I’d recommend giving it another go if you haven’t! As @Applejack saod though, there is some realistic/cartoony violence in the Nazi episode. And the F bombs do continue to drop.

Edit: I’m too slow a typer on my phone. Everything I said has been said. Ignore my useless comment and enjoy some emojis instead.
:robotmanscrap_dp: :cyborg_dp::crazyjane_dp::negativeman_dp::rita_dp::robotmanscrap_dp: :chief_dp::dannythestreet_dp::donkey_dp::mauralee_dp::flexmentallo_dp:

6 Likes

:robotman_dp: im so happy for this

5 Likes

Hell yes! So excited about a season 2. Can’t wait. Love the casting. I love exploration of the characters through the story. This show has got it going on.

4 Likes

Great news! Enough time to re-binge Season 1. :slight_smile:
Definitely my favorite show on this service!

4 Likes

Yeah, when I said edited I meant edited to be more closer to Daredevil in terms on maturity. But yeah, thanks guys :smile: I’ll probably try it out again next year (no way my parents would approve of me watching it, based off of the first episode I don’t even approve of me watching it :joy:)

4 Likes

I’m more excited for this than I even thought I would be. I need more Doom Patrol!

6 Likes

I was just getting excited for Stargirl next week and now Doom Patrol coming very soon awesome DC Universe I love

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m super excited for star girl too!

4 Likes

I’m very happy about this. We need more content in the videos. Bring on the Doom Patrol and Stargirl. And of course, more Titans and Harley. I’m so glad I subscribed.

6 Likes

This will be the best present of the day for me. Thank you, DCU for making an amazing show and a small bonus for me due to June 25 being my birthday. Also, has anyone else noticed that the show will air on Thursdays instead of Fridays? I mean it’s a nice touch due to Stargirl airing on Mondays (I think.:thinking:)

3 Likes