Doom Patrol S2, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

This episode definitely felt like a late Happy Father’s Day homage episode. Dorothy and the Chef and some father daughter alone time was great to watch . Cliff and Clara are actually a little similar.

More of my thought on the episode in my review:

1 Like

Awesome™️ sweet episode

Cliff and Clara has very nice moment. Award yes but if it was it would be weird. Cliff trying to give advise he still is t the best but he’s trying he should just be careful about rushing stuff. Overall very nice moments (whoops he cooked the finger) and the wedding seems nice but I feel he’ll end up skipping it to save the world. Hope Clara understands.

Vic and Rita’s hero team up. The Borg and Beekeeper was great. Steele and Stone now this. Enjoy the fun. Cyborg with the FBI was great and a great scene with Roni. Even Rita froze up because she’s still learning. It not all fun and games.

Larry and Jane was nice. A rare team up but very well done. Larry going through his stuff with his kids. I feel the spirit is trying to help him reconcilable with it instead of let go. There chit chat was very nice. Both messed up but want to fix it. As for Jane going through it all. The dad still a monster. Poor Kay. And Miranda I knew she was manipulating. Right when Jane read the note I new she was going to double cross somehow. Killing off personalities. Either she want to get rid of them all and fix Kay that way which doesn’t seem to be helping her or be the only personality as she think she was the one that saved her she the only one Kay needs. Either way she in a pickle now.

Great Value Constantine in his club with the adorable Bunny leader.

The Chief and Dorothy. Very sweet father daughter moments. But Dorothy is growing. I feel it was a trial to kill the Candlemaker and he’s released until kill as the mom was trying to tell her but she didn’t get it since she wasn’t raised in there ways. I felt Nike was going to back out of it. But he was dying and couldn’t do much. Now the Candlemaker is lose and melting everything.

(In Mr. Nobody’s voice)
Will are misfit heroes be able to stop the Candlemaker? Will the Chief find a way to survive or will he perish? Can Larry reconcile with his family? Will Rita become a hero, is this her chance? Can Cyborg stop Roni? Will Jane escape the well? Will Cliff make it to the wedding? What will happen to the burnt finger? All this and more next time of the season 2 finale of Doom Patrol. Same Doom time Same Doom Channel.

1 Like

What was the reason?

Such an amazing show.

OK, first off, we need a poll for the best short movie in Doom Patrol Season 2. What do you like more?

1. Steele & Stone
  2. Scatts And You!
  3. Beekeeper & Borg

Secondly, I knew that Miranda was up to no good. She’s wiping out all the personalities because she thinks it’s helping the girl? Did this psycho read a bunch of X-Men comics and fall in love with Apocalypse? (Apologies for mentioning the other brand’s guys here)

But on a happier note, I was so glad to see both Cliff and The Chief bond with their daughters. At least Cliff’s daughter won’t unleash a monster capable of destroying EVERYTHING.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::beers:

1 Like

Chief and Trainor
Tough as Steele (Cliff and Claire)
The Devil In Dorothy

I think not just all the alters but the girl (Kay) too. She doesn’t want to be primary she wants to be only

Pandemic

1 Like

None of us know who got Clair Pregnant or what kind of Demon Child she be birthing!

1 Like

Was a little racist.

1 Like

No it wasn’t lol.

1 Like

Or worse. What if he does go but the other quests don’t know what to think? Kinda like when he showed up to the baby shower, people were very confused and there is no way he wouldn’t be emotional during the wedding. Chaos could unfold lol.

The Joker also tends to pop up in those places. :confused:

Sperm donor.

1 Like

That part with the finger was really funny. Seriously, though, Cliff. You couldn’t have just said something fell in the food, then just not specified?

I read that the next two seasons are going to be made back-to-back.

When the kid is 2, they’ll say you’re wrong.

Dorothy getting her “red shoes” now has me thinking differently about “The Wizard of Oz” and coming of age.

5 Likes

The great thing about this show is that they use tropes alot; but since the characters development is strong, the journey is the focus not the tropes.

This was my favorite episode of the season at this point. I know it’s a shortened season, but I hope we get a lot of the arcs wrapped up in the finale.