Doom Patrol S2, E5 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Holy Moley! That was incredible. SO MUCH HAPPENED!
It is absolutely jaw-dropping how awesome Candlemaker looked, how hilarious Cliff Steele was, and how invested I was in Larry’s story.

6 Likes

Robotman 2.0 spider legs design should look familiar

9 Likes

Steele and Stone :joy:

3 Likes

Such a powerful episode. Larry’s story is heartbreaking.

3 Likes

Why? It was self-defense. Baby Doll was literally about to incinerate her.

9 Likes

I’m ready for a Steel & Stone Comic Series, Animated Series and of course a Live Action Show. Now please!!!

6 Likes

Self-defense is not tracking someone down and murdering them, but anyway, that’s not the only reason I am not feeling that character. I’m just not liking her.

7 Likes

Wow. That escalated quickly.

This episode was an emotional roller coaster. Steele and Stone was amazing. I was laughing so hard at that. Best part of the episode! Then Larry’s family drama put me through the wringer. And while I knew things were not going to end well with Baby Doll and Dorothy, I did not expect multiple imaginary friend/alternate personality deaths. Holy crap.

8 Likes

I’m hoping as the season goes on, Dorothy will be redeemable, cause right now, I’m really not feeling her. Of course, this probably wouldn’t be an issue if the Chief would have supervised them at the very least. He is really struggling with this fatherhood stuff.

4 Likes

I enjoy how last episode (episode 4) they made us empathize and actually feel bad for Dorothy cause she was imprisoned inside of Danny. Then in this episode they flipped hat right on its head and turn her into a petty character that, right now, i have very little empathy towards. Despite being socially isolated for 100+ years and maybe not completely figuring out how to interact with others, Dorothy completely overreacted to Baby Doll just wanting to have fun. Like someone mentioned earlier, Dorothy is going to need one heck of a redemption ark for me to like her again.

7 Likes

Wow this was crazy. Heartwarming fun to instantly so fast. The usual DP formula.

The Rita Larry adventure. First Rita trying to get back into acting was nice. Good to see her trying. Also her powers getting more and more developed. And being there for Larry in his time of need. They are really great friends. Nice to have a friend like that. Poor Larry he is trying his best to patch up what little family life you have left. I understand the son would be upset but if you know what that government did why call them. You could have easily just told him to go and never come back. And now his son dead or at least critically injured.

Silas was right about the Chief in way. Thought Cliff had him by warming up to his ego.

Cyborg and Robotman. An awesome adventure. Cyborgs niightmare pretty crazy one. Him patching things up with Ronni was nice. Cliff gave smart advice. No fancy plan just admit you messed and hope to move on. I have a feeling Cliffs tape is in his arm for safe keeping but he forgot. His car help was a learning lesson in this hero thing. But Steele and Stone was hilarious. The best spin off we never knew we wanted. And the Chief as the Captain was great.

The Chief trusting to unstable people together unsupervised. I know your not the best at the people family thing but even as a scientist you must know to unstable things together is bad.

Babydoll and Dorothy fun at first. With the games and sticker scene was great. Very heartwarming but that changed fast. Babydoll couldn’t take not being the center of attention and it lead to the fight. They were both I the wrong but all Dorothy did was scare her. Then she burns her alive that’s night right. Then killing her friends poor Manny. But off course what the candlemaker did was awful but that all Dorothy knows when things get real bad. So like I sad at the top the Chief was in the wrong for trusting them together.

The Candlemaker is awesome. Definitely one of my new favorite villains. Handled Janes personalities like nothing. Rip Babydoll and Flaming Katy. Wonder if new personalities will take its place.

Also I noticed a lot of sandwiches in the episode. The dream the car the kitchen. A lot of good sandwiches.

What will happen to Jane? What’s Cliff doing with that finger? Will he feel again? What will happen with Dorothy? Will Rita preform in the play? How will Larry deal with his family issues? Can the Candlemaker be stopped? Will we ever get our Stone and Steele spin off? What new sandwiches will be discussed? All these and more next time. Same Doom Time same Doom Channel.

4 Likes

NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH!

Dorthy gotta go, and after that preview Niles can join her. Aint having none of this bs

1 Like

OK, that was messed up how The Candlemaker could enter Jane’s mind like that and kill both Flaming Katy and Babydoll. That, to me, was some hardcore ■■■■. Just how powerful is Dorothy, and should she be dealt with sooner than later? Also, Steele & Stone, love it! I Hope we See more!

4 Likes

BTW, I felt Bad for Larry After his son went and narc’ed on him. He Really had to Pull the a-hole card. Too bad the Negative Spirit didnt have time to properly punish him like the punk that he is

1 Like

I don’t even know what it means if it is the end of Baby Doll. I mean, they’re all aspects of Jane’s personality, or the little girl at the heart of it. If the genie (I’m just going to call the big candle thing a genie) killed Baby Doll does that mean part of Jane died? Does it mean she loses one of her powers (maybe two as the big flaming one also seems dead but that might just be how she looks when her flame goes out)? Does it means she can no longer express that childish aspect of herself.

Also, Baby Doll is a real monster, isn’t she? Spitefully picking on Dorothy when Dorothy doesn’t feel like playing anymore. Locking Dorothy in a furnace and turning on the ignition, too.

Also, Steele and Stone trailer was incredible.

3 Likes

Yes - the implications of Candlemaker being able to actually enter the Underground are huge. I think Cliffe is the only outsider who ever did that and that was some deep telepathic link thing to help her and she was still in control of what happened there.

Candlemaker is a whole different order of power… No wonder Niles is terrified of what she can do.

2 Likes

Wow. That went from kids having fun, to hashing things out ending in betrayal, to over escalation FAST.
The whole Stone & Steele thing was awesome except he left Cliff alone in a car while he got his groove on lol.
RIP: Manny, Baby Doll & Flaming Katy …holy crikey!!
Can’t wait to see where Dorothy is at the end of the season… cuz she got issues!

3 Likes

Holy crap. This show just keeps 1 upping itself week after week. I can’t decide if it’s tragically beautiful or beautifully tragic. Hands down, leaps and bounds ahead up anything else out there right now. This is how entertainment should be done.

3 Likes

I’m really glad this season has focused on Larry’s sons. My biggest gripe about Larry’s story arc in the first season was that he was seemingly indifferent about them while Cliff was devastated by his inability to be with his daughter. I don’t know if this storyline was planned for Larry from the show’s onset or if it was influenced by complaints from viewers like me who were annoyed by his family taking a backseat to John in the first season, but it’s added a lot of depth to Larry’s character and I’m much more satisfied with his character in season 2. Great episode, best of this season so far.

Oh Snap

1 Like