Doom Patrol Ep. #9 "Jane Patrol" Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! šŸšØ

Iā€™M FUCKIN SHOOK on how well this show is doing I thought that titans were going to be the better show and this show would be lacking but damn I have never been more glad to be wrong

6 Likes

BEST EPISODE YET! Diving deep into the the underground was so fun! Hope they expand our knowledge about the under ground more and we get to see it again soon.

7 Likes

Outstanding episode! I initially thought that the end (her screaming at her dad) was weak. But then at the very end, when we see that her ā€œdadā€ isnā€™t truly defeated, was great.

2 Likes

amazing storytelling ā€¦ and acting, Diane Guerrero is an Emmy waiting to happen, watch

Titans, now Doom Patrol, that means Swamp Thing is going to be stupid scary and good

2 Likes

Titans had good elements but enough problems that you could tell it was their first attempt now with Doom Patrol they have more of the formula down and I canā€™t wait to see where things go with future shows. Titans second season will be so fantastic if they take the lessons they have learned from this and apply it to that show. Swamp Thing I initially had very little confidence in but now I have such hope for.

On to the episode. Absolutely fantastic, exploring Janes mind was a treasure more fantastic acting from both Guerrero and Fraiser. I hope some of the new personalities we have now been exposed to start popping up or at the least begin being referenced in future episodes, I am really curious to see what some of them would be like (How they would be costumed, how they would talk, and what their powers might be). This level of an episode was definitely needed after last weeks episode which while good was certainly one of the lesser Doom Patrol episodes at least for me personally.

3 Likes

Honestly best episode yet. I love how they showed all of Janeā€™s personalities in their true form it was so cool. The acting was literally great and the CGI was too I really hope Titans S2 get Doom Patrol quality.

3 Likes

Awesome episodeā€¦ This show just gets more and more amazing with every episode and every character they introduce no matter how abstractā€¦ Black Annis was TERRIFYING :joy:

6 Likes

Is it me or is Brendan Fraser looking healthier and more like himself?

God, I can not wait to have the real him back. This episode he just looks better. He is such a good actor who can really do fun roles and make it seem sincere and real.

4 Likes

It was okay, I guess. Once you got past the setup, everything was pretty predictable. Better than most TV, but my least favorite episode.

I will add that my favorite scene is when Cliff realizes he is a better man as a robot, than he was as a manā€”that was very good. Hope they build on that, instead of acting like it didnā€™t happen.

6 Likes

See how useful these are?

D3-GZ9-RXVAAAJBCM-jpeg.jpg

4 Likes

There are scenes that make me uncomfortable, but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re in these shows. Itā€™s life. Itā€™s art. Bad things happen, like what happened to Jane. We shouldnā€™t censor it from our media. Not everything needs to be a G-rated happy-feely thingy. That stuff has its place, but this is not that kind of show. There are themes of abuse, suicide, regret, and standing up for who you are, not what someone tells you to be. You can broaden your horizons and think a different way, step out of your comfort zone, itā€™s a good thing to do. I am free to avoid things that bother me, as is anyone else. If itā€™s your perception that things that bother you are in this show and you donā€™t want to watch it, please watch something else.

4 Likes

I liked the episode. It got to explore the mind of Jane and it was surprising to see that not all of her personalities look the same one side her mind as they do when they manifest on the outside. You also see tgat the mind of Jane is a world to itself with some semblance of a system of Justice and governance,

2 Likes

Fraiser and Guerrero are my favorite cast members on the show and their moments together are some of my favorite on the show. So an episode focusing on them was a treat. Having different actresses portraying the different personas was a nice touch. Psychological horror is one of my favorite aspects of the show and itā€™s in full swing here. This really helped sell the reason why Jane is so effed up and always seems pissed. But as usual she can be frustrating by in a way that is earned and not annoying (at least for me).

6 Likes

I am just happy to see Fraiser acting again. I think he is a great fit for the role. Doom Patrol is one of the best shows I have watched recently and may be the main thing that keeps me with DCU. Janes story is really well done and thought provoking, keep it up! (Also, add all the wildstorm imprints, thxxxx)

6 Likes

@lordniykon.15477, your comment was removed due to being in violation of Community Guideline #1. With regard to your comment in particular, please also see our Watchtower thread on the issue, titled, ā€œPSA:DC Universe Supports, Encourages, & Stands for Diversity AKA, DC The Street,ā€ found here: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/watchtower/psadc-universe-supports-e

If youā€™d like to dispute the action taken, please do as advised in that thread, and reach out via email to fans@dcuniverse.com. Attempts to do so on the forums will be removed. Thank you.

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot my post criticized the episode and the show as a whole. Deleting that is outrageous because you are suppressing fansā€™ opinions to promote your own agenda.

Per the guidelines you referred to above, it seems that the only violation I did was criticizing the showā€™s political tone.

Way to treat your fans.

1 Like

ā€œJane Patrolā€ā€¦I mean, come onnnnnnnnā€¦!! Itā€™s like a Bergmannesque psychic teardown, babyā€¦ this episode really goes down to the well of being like nobodyā€™s business ā€¦about sacrifice and interdependence ā€¦brilliant stuffā€¦ I have never seen a more poignant examination of the after-effects of childhood traumaā€¦of incestual child abuse ā€¦one of those things that are really at the bottom of the bottomless pit that is hell and as a man watching , a 65 year old man with no children but a couple (unbelievably) of relationships with women who had been molested. As children, by their fathersā€¦!!! ( what I mean is, the ā€œno man must passā€ scene and the lines of cliffie, ā€œ I was a man. I was a different person then. A lesser person.ā€ Just made me think of how different the impulses are and how much self-control is required when you are being driven by Normal testosteronian BS (which Iā€™m assuming [perhaps incorrectly] mine was) and how it was at various times and places very difficult not to be run by oneā€™s dickā€¦how questions of personal ethics and morality came into play with disturbing regularityā€¦ now, add to that , a mind deeply disturbed by some childhood trauma of its own and have that creature grow up in a culture driven by commercial images of youth, sex and violence (the stuff that sells ) and bingoā€¦!!! Recipe for a nightmare so devastatingly common, that I, a regular Joe Blowā€¦have known (intimately) TWO victims of this bullshit (that one would hope only happens in the vivid imagination of a grant morrison, et.alā€¦and that MUST BE incredibly rare in reality, rightā€¦?) Wrongā€¦!! Holy Shitā€¦!! as Robotman would say ā€¦remembering a time when he was a man with functioning genitaliaā€¦, with such conviction, ā€œI was a lesser personā€ One hopes it doesnā€™t take complete castration to arrive at the enlightened state of mind of our dear Cliffieā€¦ but, ā€¦wellā€¦fuck , Writer Patrolā€¦another brilliant episode. Thanksā€¦

2 Likes

I been to the underground its smells like old Pringles

3 Likes

Honestly I was surprised when I saw that not everyone in the Undrground looked like Jane, I kinda like that more! What if some of those personalities she developed were based off of people she may have interracted with before, like Hammerhead. I donā€™t really know much about Crazy Jane from the comics but I loved Diane Guerreroā€™s performance here. Also Brendan Fraser got way more screentime in this episode and that was just a blessing in its own! I canā€™t wait to see what Rita and Cyborg were up to the entire time next episode.

3 Likes