Doom Patrol Ep. #7 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

Welcome to Doom Patrol: Episode 7 “THERAPY PATROL” discussion thread, where you can speak your blown mind freely!

If you have to watch it again to make sure you you saw what you think you saw, be sure to join our community Watch-Along tonight at 6pm PST/9pm EST- you can find the thread in the Watchtower section.

Tell us everything! Your thrills, your chills, your “what-the-f**ks? !” (To quote a good friend of ours…)

6 Likes

Another amazing episode, tho I’m not sure how I feel about Admiral Whiskers.

1 Like

This is an episode I could watch over and over again. I love team building moments, I love these characters, and I love getting their backstories. There are still so many unanswered questions, but I was so invested in what’s happened/happening to these people. It was nice to take a step back and see them actually trying to digest and deal with their issues. Instead of a normal superhero show where they work on their “powers”, in this way they’re working on strengthening themselves first.

The rat mom… NOOOO! I didn’t know I was able to laugh and cry at the same time.

3 Likes

This episode was perfection. The writers and producers need more opportunities in the future to make something special like Doom Patrol again. Something with this much care and passion.

3 Likes

The episode was great! I loved going back and learning a bit about where these characters came from. Larry’s story was really powerful. I really love DC and the show for going there.

4 Likes

Can I just take a moment to say, Brennan Fraser (sp?) is absolutely INCREDIBLE as RobotMan! I love this show inside out, as a new Doom Patrol fan, but, this guy manages to convey so much raw emotion from under that costume, it’s insane. I never really thought much of him as an actor, really (although The Mummy was pretty tight) but behind that mask, he just… Words fail me! His story arc so far has gripped me by the neck and not let go. Maybe it’s that I’m a parent of a little girl, so I’m projecting, but, honestly, whenever there’s a Cliff scene, I’m either chuckling out loud, or there’s a lump in my throat. And then when he charged Cyborg and was all “You think that’s gonna hurt me?” I was like, “THERE’S the badass robot I thought we were gonna get!” I guess that might be when it hit me, because, coming into this show knowing nothing about the DP, that’s what I thought of RobotMan, that he was supposed to be some sort of bruiser, a big, bulky tough guy, but instead, he’s just bruised. Being a brain stuck inside an unfeeling robot, devoid of all senses besides sight and sound… Ugh. I’m just in love with this character. Well done, Mr. Fraser!

8 Likes

what the fuck

2 Likes

Just finished watching the latest episode of Doom Patrol. It was a good episode but what was the deal with the Mustang?? As a owner of a 67’ it left me a little PO’d on many levels.

…now, if there ends up being some timey wimey explanation then all if forgiven but as it stands now…this time traveling Mustang deserves a series all its own…

1 Like

@happypandarevolution, I’m there father to a little girl too, and Cliff’s situation hits me very hard. My daughter’s mother passed last year, and while I haven’t been screaming “why not me” or wishing it was her who lived and not myself… It’s pretty visceral for me to think about that that while idea right now. This episode was really good, and I can only hope that all this build up with the character’s flaws and regrets will result in a really relieving and satisfying progression in their lives. This is therapy for me.

4 Likes

I’m sorry about your daughter’s mom, @Aegrus. Doom Patrol’s been really therapeutic for me, too, as I grieve my mom. I find something to relate to in all the characters and their struggle moving forward.

1 Like

I have enjoyed every episode.

Doom Patrol is never disappoint.
Absolutely loved this episode. Looking forward to the rewatch I’ll be having tonight! :smiley:

2 Likes

:thinking:

Beware woodland creatures…

3 Likes

Dude! I can’t express just how brilliant that episode was! Had my heart and throat welling up and I got basically had goosebumps throughout the entire episode.

1 Like

Love the cast, BUT… “Paw Patrol” I’d give a C-, “Doom Patrol Patrol” I’d give a C+, “Therapy Patrol” I’d give a B-, fr, fr. I’m not as impressed with the show anymore.

1 Like

Brendan Fraser had me rolling throughout the session. At first I thought it was fun filler until the end tied it all together. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I actually forgot this was up until an hour ago and just watched it. Damn that was a good episode.

I loved the insight into the Doom Patrol members childhood, some were more in depth then others (Jane’s didn’t really reveal anything new about her childhood).

Rita as usual knocked it out of the part. Loved the scenes with her trying to control her power and her slipping into the furnace was hilarious. I am also dying to know the gist of the backstory with the baby, I get the general sense of what happened (although knowing this show it might be misdirection) but want to know the full story.

Larry’s scenes were awesome. he is honestly my favorite memeber even though he doesn’t seem to be as many peoples. Matt Bomer does such a great job with his character, especially in scenes where he gets to take the makeup off or do more then voice work. And his backstroy is one of the most powerful. I can’t imagine what it must have been like back then to have to keep something that big about yourself a secret in constant fear it gets out and the actual physical danger that would put you in .

Cyborg’s was a fun romp with the dating app, although the reveal about his father was something else. Got to wonder how a father could take that kind of control over Vick without any seeming remorse. He doesn’t seem like he has a son seems more like he has a tool for his own means. Guess in a lot of ways it parallels the parents who live vicariously through their kids but he takes it to an almost scary level.

jane was Jane. Got to go with Hammerhead if I had found out what she did about The Cheif I would have not cared to find him. Granted, might be more to it then we think but last episode he seemed clearly to have it in place to lock her up and throw away the key if she got too difficult. Who wouldn’t feel rejected? The scene of Jane and hammerhead arguing was great too. Although I got to say Hammerhead and Jane seem way to simmilar at times, often I don’t know for sure who is who. I get Hammerhead is supposed to be the angry one but Jane gets pretty angry on her own.

And Cliff, I was slow because in hindsight it seems obvious. But it wasn’t until just before the actual reveal that I figured out Cliff was not actually at his friends house but losing it. Although it was clear after that something was up although him wanting terapy was hilarious. Definitely good insight into the characters in the therapy.

I felt bad for Jane when Cliff went off on her about only liking 1/64th of her. I read someone make the observation (not sure if it was here or elsewhere) but I think what Cliff doesn’t realize is all of Jane’s personalities need him to be the father they never had, not just Jane. She clearly feels they are all a part of her, so guessing she must feel rejected when Cliff is so dismissive of her other selves whenever they come out. Keep in mind Jane is the dominant personality but not the original one. She is no more real then the others.

And then there was out amazing villain of the week, Admiral Whiskers. Seriously, move over Joker the new #1 Villian of the DC Universe has arrived!

I saw the rat crawl out and I was channeling cliff “what the f***” then I could not stop laughing the rest of the reveal. Even when the momma mouse got run over I cracked up because I could tell where they were going with it. That was brilliant, seriously if that wasn’t taken from the comics then whoever came up with that twist… give them a raise.

Another great episode, I am telling you I know we still have a little over half the season left, but I wish this could go on forever I don’t ever want this show to end. When they announced the original live action DCU shows this is the one I was least psyched about as I never read the Doom Patrol comics. But I think this has become my favorite show.

6 Likes

Cool episode

2 Likes

4th wall break!!! I hire some hitmen & hitwomen form the 7th dimension they not cheap but it was worth it thank god I got Donald Trump Wallet! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4th wall break its cover in gold hmmmmmmmm

2 Likes