Don't Ignore Bionicle!

For those who remember, DC published a series of comics for a 10 year run of Lego sets called BIONICLE. The comics were outstanding and the sets were awesome. Please bring these comics to the DC Universe app!!!

11 Likes

I second this

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to read those.

3 Likes

Maybe we will see it, but DC can only bring stuff when they own the rights. Most likely, the Bionicle series was made under temporary agreement between Lego and DC which never included digital distribution on a platform like DCU. There’s a very good chance a brand new deal would have to be made for those rights.

4 Likes

A agree whole heartedly. I almost have the entire Gen 1 collection minus the 2008 Battakki series. I still miss it. Wish they’d never done the G2 Bionicle. The G1 will always be my favorite. You can still read the digitized comics on this website as well as all the content previously put out by LEGO including the games, music etc. The only thing not on here is the movies.

Enjoy

https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/

1 Like

@BatWatch is right. They might not have the license anymore, so they’re probably not able to put it on here unless Lego gives the okay or signs some sort of new deal. It’s not a question of them “ignoring” it

3 Likes

Bionicle was my thing when I was little and they shouldn’t ignore it. It has inspired the designs for some dc characters.

3 Likes

I always liked Stel. I didn’t realize that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bionicle is one of those things that’s always looked really cool from the outside, but that I’ve never really gotten into. The sets were coming out when I was… younger, but it was just never one of those things I dove into. Either way, I’d read the books if they ever came to the app. Although, as many have mentioned, I don’t know how feasible that is; the licensing’s probably a little iffy.

2 Likes

Me either

We may not see them on the app bc of licensing issues and since it’s no longer an active series in partnership with LEGO
We can still read the comics and treasure this saga we’ve all come to enjoy

FREE BIONICLE COMICS
https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/

DC plagiarism at its finest LOL

1 Like