Dont Forget Animal Man is being removed on may 1 (why)

Even though there are other vertigo things on this app. Not going to name them so they get removed. Poor Animal Man, people always manipulating his life. Why can’t he stay ? The Continuum needs Animal Man!!

1 Like

Vertigo isn’t part of the contract to have unlimited conflict.

DC made an exception for Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol because DCU has original series based on them, but they said Animal Man apparently slipped through on accident and shouldn’t have been added. Given that I give them thanks for giving us time to know it is leaving and not just yanking it right away.

2 Likes

I never heard of Animal Man before, but I started reading it and it’s great.

1 Like

Is enjoyment of the New 52 diminished if you haven’t read the Morrison run? (I have the Morrison tpb, unread.)

I can’t even access it anymore. I planned on finishing the last few issues today, but apparently they’re gone a day early :frowning:

1 Like

@biff_pow: Other than a quick reference that you might miss if you haven’t read the Morrison run anyway, the New 52 run is completely independent of Morrison’s. (The New 52 run is also a better run, IMO.)

2 Likes

@biff_pow: Other than a quick reference that you might miss if you haven’t read the Morrison run anyway, the New 52 run is completely independent of Morrison’s. (The New 52 run is also a better run, IMO.)

1 Like

Thanks, @HubCityQuestion! I’m looking forward to reading the New 52 series (eventually) now. I saw it as kind of an afterthought before.

The Morrison run is amazing, and as important in its way as DP is important.

Don’t sell Animal Man short. That book broke the fourth wall, and it was terrifying for poor Buddy.

He meets his Creator at the end and asks, “You also write Doom Patrol?” Morrison replies, “Yes, but they don’t know that.”

You have it and haven’t read it? READ THE BOOK!

1 Like

But there’s so much to reaaaad and so little attention spaaaaan