Does anyone else not care about Hawk and Dove?

I havent even been able to bring myself to watch the newest episode. I mean I like the show when it stays with the plot but these interruptions…like the writers have no attention span.

2 Likes

I don’t care for the origin/storyline they are using for them. I wish they’d stayed a little truer to the comic. These are totally different characters.

1 Like

I personally love the characters, I just think this episode would have been more poignant if it was the third episode, not the 9th.

3 Likes

You don’t have to watch it. It’s just a episode on the origin cause they will most likely be part of the team season 2.

@Redhood Or get their own show

1 Like

@Truth_of_Pisces I agree that it would’ve been better earlier in the show. On their first appearance in episode 2, I had no attachment to them at the beginning or end of the episode. They were cool, but I didn’t feel anything for them. After the 9th episode, I understand and feel for them.

2 Likes

@JLWWSM exactly. At this point, as good as the episode was, it just derails the main plot entirely.

3 Likes

I think the placement was perfect. Their episode was the absolute best of the entire season up to this point. I loved them from the very first time we see them in episode 2 and now they are my absolute favorite characters on the show because of episode 9.

5 Likes

I love the characters. The violent homemade hero thing is pretty cool, reminds me of Kick-Ass.

5 Likes

I didn’t mind the placement and enjoyed the episode. It was a nice way to set them up to return for I’m guessing the final episode to help Ravens. Also there orgin was cool to see.

It could have been earlier, but you should totally watch it. I thought it was the best episode thus far. They’ve sold me on these guys.
It derails the plot, but I think that’s intentional. TV does this stuff all the time. Setting up a big cliffhanger and cutting to something else.

1 Like

I could not possibly care less about Hawk and Dove. Minka Kelly is lovely as Dove, and they’ve got the attitudes of the characters down pretty well, as well as the look; but changing the backstory from chosen avatars of war and peace and making them just some more punchy-kicky-people-in-costumes really doesn’t do it for me.

They’re also really not Titans/Teen Titans characters. I’d much prefer other characters with more connection to Titans/Teen Titans as recurring/occasional characters. Speedy, Garth, Argent, Damage, or even Wally/Bart would be preferable to me.

1 Like

Jason Todd is really the only one that has not previously been affiliated with the Titans team as far as I know. Hawk and Dove made appearances in the Teen Titans before Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven were even created. I’d love to see Garth, but Hawk and Dove have been great for this show.

1 Like

Gonna have to agree to disagree here. The Hawk & Dove/Hank & Dawn episodes have been favorites of mine in the show. I think Alan and Minka are doing great.

3 Likes

I forgot about the original 60s Teen Titans where they had some appearances. Still, I don’t care for them here, as non-powered punchy-kicky people, though I’ll grant that the new-tortured-backstory makes a little more sense for their existence, I don’t think we needed their origin story dropped on us at this point. I hate flashbacks/dream sequences with a passion; if it was worth telling, it was worth telling entirely in chronological order, and if it wasn’t, then a couple lines of dialog would give us what we need, especially about non-main characters. A really brief sequence of Rachel reaching into Dawn’s dreams to wake her up could have been put at the end of the prior episode, or the start of the next episode.

1 Like

I understand how some people might not like flashbacks or dream sequences, but this one was done so well in my opinion. I also don’t understand how they’d be able to tell this story in chronological order considering that the events of episode 9 took place almost a decade before the first episode. I felt every scene added to the episode and to understanding Hawk and Dove. Who is to say Hawk and Dove are not main characters moving forward? They could be absolutely vital to season 2. Too many TV shows just have throwaway lines of dialogue that explain people’s backstories and I actually don’t like that. I would rather see these two characters interacting after their shared loss instead of just having Dick say something in passing to Starfire about both of them losing their loved ones in the same accident. Clearly Hawk and Dove are going to keep coming back so I’m glad they’re taking the time to flesh out their characters and getting us invested in them.

1 Like

Hawk & Dove are great. I want more. The dynamic of their team works so much better than anything else in Titans (so far).

3 Likes

I love them. I want a spinoff I love them so much.

Also, Nu52 - for the record - Jason Todd was indeed affiliated with the Teen Titans for a really short time (starting around New Teen Titans (Baxter) #20).

2 Likes

I think this episode and last weeks episode should have been flipped. Last weeks ended with Starfire getting her memory back, then they go to an episode with little connection to the prior one. And now next weeks episode picks up immediately after last weeks. Just seemed kind of odd placement.

3 Likes

I too would like to see a Hawk and Dove spinoff. The dynamic and chemistry between the actors were excellent. And I liked them better than any of the core Titans featured. Also, the flashback scene where Don tells the provost to stick it was great storytelling. The brothers did not always agree but their love and loyalty were a refreshing positive to a so far downer of a tv show.