Doctor Fate Cast in Black Adam Movie

James Bond is Doctor Fate in Black Adam. Brosnan is a very solid actor and should be great. DC on a great casting role.

13 Likes

DC sure likes casting James Bonds (plural) :sunglasses:
Cool news!!

3 Likes

Daniel Craig for Shining Knight

5 Likes

I can actually see Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate! It is good casting IMHO.

7 Likes

That’s one you read and think “sure, I can see that”

6 Likes

Please be Hector Hall.

3 Likes

This will be great! Every announcement for the Black Adam movie makes it sound better and better.

And now we know there will be at least one scene where Dr. Fate takes his helmet off. :laughing:

5 Likes

Wow, spot on casting in my opinion! I’ll be honest, I’ve been pretty iffy on the Black Adam film just cause I’m not sure how well the character stands on his own in a solo story, but the ensemble cast seems very interesting and I’m open to it being good.

6 Likes

I approve! Big fan of, Brosnan.

4 Likes

THR is revealing, that Pierce Brosnan is our DCEU “Dr. Fate.”

Personally, I think this is great casting, rounding out Dwayne Johnson’s “Black Adam” Justice Society of America.

Ps: In other DCEU News, Variety, reports, that “Office Space” and “Band of Brothers” star, Ron Livingston will be our new “Henry Allen.”

Once again, I think it’s a great choice. I really liked Billy Crudup in the role, but with scheduling conflicts keeping him out of the part. Ron Livingston is a more than suitable replacement. I see him owning the role.

What do you think about both announcements?

8 Likes

I’m super excited!

6 Likes

Getting the news about Doctor Fate this morning was incredible. Talk about seeing all my favourite less famous DC heroes making the big time!

8 Likes

Wow, I don’t think I’ve seen Pierce in anything since Die Another Day! Looking forward to this. Hope some of the other JSA members like Starman and Sandman make it in.

6 Likes

Looking at his IMDB, he’s been in some other projects since, but definitely none as big as Bond, the biggest being the Mama Mia movies and an AMC western series called The Son.

And I get the feeling that having the Justice Society here is a backdoor way for them to have their own movie down the line.

6 Likes

And they know, since he was Bond, that he’s someone up for a multi-movie deal.

4 Likes

He did a nice action flick with Jackie Chan The Foreigner

3 Likes

Very cool casting choice here. :+1: Bonus- Pierce Brosnan is now a member of the DCEU family- woo hoo! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see the JSA on the big screen and this casting is just awesome. My big question about it is will he be playing Kent Nelson or Nabu?

4 Likes

That’s right. I’m assuming Kent, which means you probably need another to voice Nabu

3 Likes

Unless they just augment his voice, but I personally, vote for another actor as Nabu.

1 Like