Do characters like Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern have a limit to their power?

For example, can Superman just sit in stars and become infinitely stronger? Can Flash do the same via the speed force? Is there a willpower cap to Green Lantern and his ring?

2 Likes

I know Flash can absorb speed from the Speed Force, but he does have weaknesses. Like his hyper-metabolism. If he doesn’t eat an absurd amount of food to replenish his energy, he’ll run out of energy.

Not sure about GL, but I really don’t know what more willpower would do besides keep his constructs up longer or make them stronger. That’s also an internal issue, so it probably depends.

I don’t really know how Superman’s powers would be affected by his distance to the sun, but if anyone does, I’m sure it’s @HubCityQuestion.

1 Like

There is no upper limit to Superman’s power, as explored in the works of Grant Morrison specifically, including DC One Million, All-Star Superman, and Final Crisis. Superman could potentially spend hundreds of thousands of years in the heart of the sun, absorbing its power, and then unleash it accordingly.

2 Likes

And that’s why Batman has kryptonite!

Depends on the creators really.

1 Like

We don’t ask questions like that anymore

1 Like