Discussing the Ending of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War [SPOILERS]

well, that totally sucks!! but you never know… if enough people rally for it, they just might

1 Like

I know the word “Dark” is in the title but this movie was a horrible way to close out the continuity of the characters we’ve been following from Batman: The Animated Series through Justice League, and the animated movies. How depressing! We get to see the characters we’ve rooted for and enjoyed tortured, mutilated, broken, mutated, and horribly killed. And all for nothing as the Flash is now going to undo it all again and we’ll never know the result. The final scene with the broken, disfigured League awaiting their fate was infuriating. If DC is ending this timeline, why make the swan song of these characters so downbeat? So 2020. First Star Wars, now the DC Animated Universe. Can’t we get to keep our heroes?

The continuity for this series
Does NOT include
Batman the Animated Series
To.
Justice League Unlimited
Or Static Shock
Or even many recent animations
Like JLA versus Fatal.Five

It includes only the following

The 15 NEW 52 DCAU Videos

01 Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)

02 Justice League: War (2014)

03 Son of Batman (2014)

04 Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)

05 Batman vs. Robin (2015) HBO

06 Batman: Bad Blood (2016)

07 Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)

08 Justice League Dark (2017)

09 Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)

10.Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)

11 The Death of Superman (2018)

12 Reign of the Supermen (2019)

13 Batman Hush (2019)

14 Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)

15 Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)

As someone said above

Darkseid got
Superman’s DNA
When he was captured in
The second movie
Justice League War

Without that
The Justice League
Would just be dealing
With ordinary parademons
Which they knew
how to defeat

3 Likes

I don’t think they ever found out that cyborg was a sleeper agent because he died in the end, so the secret dies with him. And Darkseid got trapped(killed?), so yeah.

I do not think even cyborge knew he was a sleeper agent.

1 Like

Tell that to Dr. Destiny.

1 Like

Darkseid has far more interesting ways that just staying awake by humming “frarajaca” will work on.

Dr Destiny is a C lister at best.

John Dee came far closer to beating the Justice League than that clumsy guy who fell down the stairs ever did. One has a doctorate in evil (presumably from an acreddited university). Darkseid is a love-sick god for Wonder Woman who constantly has to say "next time Super Friends/ Super Powers as he flees to his star gates.

1 Like

With an infinite number of universes in the multiverse there is one Darkseid love-sick for Batman. One where Batman is love-sick for Darkseid. And one, where in standard continuity you’re correct. In Super Friends Batman really has the hots for Darkseid, why did he try so hard to make sure Darkseid and Wonder Woman never hooked up. Also Diana was way not into Darkseid. But it was the ‘70s, a lot of folks, like both Bruce and Diana, were still in the closet.

1 Like

Darkseid’s eyes pierce through souls, literally.

1 Like

The omega beams he got by killing his brother. A great weapon.

there’s also one was batman takes the omega effect from Darkseid.

Given John Dee almost killed an endless I would say he is not c lister… I would say he is a B-lister.

It litterally says in the movie that Barry has to stop Flashpoint from happening and not save his mom. They used the words if Barry doesnt save her Darkseid isnt here. Also batman is only human and Darkseid has advanced technology and massive power. It wouldnt have been hard to break batman mentally if he were hopeless.

wellcome to the form. actually,
the issue is in flashpoint paradox movie barry stops barry from saving his mom creating the new timeline, events play out differently because of the damage done by barry going back in time to save his mom. honestly, its explained better by Jay Garrick in i think season 3 episode 2 of the flash (CW) .

however, the memory and letter for bruce i do not think to happen until after suicide squad Hell to pay, do to reverse flash entering the new 52 timelines of DCAMUC from the flashpoint new earth timeline. made even more complex as the film takes place in 2022 and not 2020. meaning…time travel gives me a big freaken headache.

also, even when batman has a hopeless mindset he still not really all that easy to break. pick up bat storyline especially in the modern era and something horrible and gruesome happens to him at some point. bats are composted of 55% willpower, 35% scartissue and 9 % painkillers and 1% ducktape. Look at everything the joker has done and batman still refuses to kill him, however he no longer will go out of his way to save him.

Ok, overall I thought the movie was awesome. At first watch I thought it was good but jarring. The more I watch it the better it gets. I thought the end was kind of a mindf–k too. I’ll come back to that but it made me rethink the entire DCAMU series and storyline whether i wanted to or not. That fascination increases the re-watch value of the entire series. If they did that on purpose then … WELL DONE. If it’s an accident then they’re really good. Even their accidents are fire.

Basically, because of JLD:AW it now seems like the entire series is 1 long flashpoint. In Flashpoint after Thawne got in Flash’s head and Flash created Flashpoint Paradox’s alternate timeline the fix didn’t really improve the situation as much as it seemed. Not really. It took 15 or 16 movies to play out (depending of if you have death of superman and reign of the supermen as the 1 or 2 parter) but in the end the world was a hellscape … again … and he had to reset the timeline again to try to make it an acceptable place to live.

It makes me look at Flash in a whole new way. Every time he moves is worrisome and almost frightening to think about. Once he’s going it’s totally up to him if he’s going to break the time barrier and alter the timeline. He’s moving too fast see long before breaking the chronal barrier. The only character who even had a chance to interrupt Flash was Batman when he told Barry that Reverse-Flash was just trying to get under his skin. He had no idea how right he was and until the end and really not until JLD:AW. We had no way to find out either.

Things looked like they worked out fine at the end of JL:WAR. Fast forward 15 or 16 movies and 7 years in real time and you see Barry might have trapped them all in a time loop. If not then he has rewritten the timeline a lot. Lol. He’s is a bad boy. You might be justified in calling Barry the true villain of the series. Him or Thawne depending who you blame. I see why the Dominanators were so upset on the CW crossover.

The only notes I would give are that I thought Batman should have told Darkseid “f–k you Darkseid” instead of “go to hell” when he broke free of the brain washing. Unless they really were thinking about avoiding the demonization of sex in the language and dialogue which I doubt then it seemed more fitting to me and since it’s an R-rated movie with lots of f–ks so why avoid it there? I’m also ready for DC to stop making demons and devils into good things like the Lucifer title and Trigon saving the day but maybe that’s just me.

That said I still enjoyed it thoroughly. The black smoke that Trigon turned into when he was disembodied and that black smoke invading the hosts body through the mouth and the devil’s trap like it’s done on Supernatural were all nice touches. The way they made Superman beating Darkseid in the eye resemble the way Henry Caville’s Superman beat Zod for frightening his mother was a nice touch too.

The way Trigon taunted Darkseid and the fight, I loved it all. Darksied really deserved it. It still left me worried for the universe though. Presumably one of those creatures will eventually conquer the other. Once it is determined who shall rule and who shall serve then what?!? Neither 1 on them with a slave as powerful as the other is a good thing. Then flash reset the timeline … thank goodness … I think.

I hope the next timeline isn’t worse for them. Lol. Either way it was a really fun ride and JLD:AW is what really brought it home. Took it from good and entertaining to fascinating and entertaining. I didn’t think there was an outright bad movie in the bunch though I really could have done without the male stripper in suicide squad or the song in JL vs TT and the daffy duck at the the beginning of Batman:Hush. As if the tone of the movie was a joke. They let other films like wonder woman take themselves seriously, right? I liked the backstory that they added in WW:bloodlines though.

Damien was a bright spot in JLD:AW and in most of the ones he was in throughout the series. Big fan of Damien Wayne. They introduced me to his character and I liked it. Thanks. I like the way that they used Clark and Lois’ relationship and Lois herself as plot devices (if that’s how you say it). It worked for me. The way they developed them together and her throughout the entire DCAMU series. This movie tied all that up nicely.

Despite them ripping apart so many good characters it was worth it. The character killing did a good job of increasing the intensity and drama so it all worked for me. Again, my overall point is that the way that JLD:AW tied everything together and ended really improved all the other movies in the series that much more and seriously increased the re-watch value of the entire DCAMU set imo. I know I brought up the other titles but since this was the closer I feel like they are all relevant.

I think the easiest thing to do would for Flash to run up on himself before he reset the timeline at the beginning of flashpoint and prevent the flashpoint. Someone else already said that I think. I also think Flash should stop pulling his punches and preemptively attack Thawne before he arrives from the future in the 1st place. Correct the problem before it begins by denying Thawne his original access to the speed force. It’s a big gamble and could do more damage than the 1st flashpoint but we don’t know that and he can take a do over if need be since only the good guys would have the speed force at that point. However, I think the real reason why that’s too far back is that Flash loves his friends and those changes would deny Victor his transformation into Cyborg. He’d never have die to stop Darkseid but it also avoids the creation of the black Wally West. So, no.

Barry could try to stop the boom tubes from from opening to begin the invasion at the beginning of JL:War but that still prevents Cyborg’s creation. So, as I think this through and as stated before obviously Darkseid must be denied Superman’s DNA altogether. Flash will have to keep Superman from being captured or destroy all the samples.

I think the best way is for Flash to coach the league through the battle once Cyborg and Shazam join up with the rest of the team. Get cyborg to realize his final strategy 1st. Suck the invasion force back in into those portals before Superman is captured and protect Superman from capture in the 1st place. Then stick around.

Darkseid is going to try again. Be there to undo new damage. Recent changes seem to be less damaging than ones further back. Knock Doomsday into the sun before it ever reaches earth if Darkseid still tries that. Things of that nature. Stay till you’re sure Darkseid is finished. As in once their ready then strike 1st.

The only problem is that they would have to work in a way for Barry to know that Cyborg is Darkseid’s surveillance camera. Exclude Cyborg from the plans or fix that problem and attack Darkseid before he can launch a second attack. If Cyborg is fixed then boom tube Apokolips to oblivion preemptively or convince Constitine and Zatanna to destroy Apokolips soon after sending him back there.

As for Batman. I guess I see you point but that’s not where I go with it. Darkseid’s Omega beam can teleport victims. I read somewhere that they can take victims to a place where they suffer slow psychological torments in time loops of like a thousand years at a time. I don’t remember where I saw that so it could be from Wikipedia, I’m not sure. If its accurate then that’s where my mind goes.

Barbatos broke The Bat’s will temporarily in Dark knights metal. He kept him outside of time in torment for decades and though Bruce eventually engineered an SOS message he didn’t want to continue the fight after he was rescued despite the fact that they needed him. He wanted Superman to go on without him.

That functions here. Darkseid transports Batman out of time or into a loop and stays at him for an inhuman amount of time till he breaks him. Batman in his insanity has pushed himself to the height of all human potential in most things but despite that like Superman said in Metal … he is only human.

batman saying FU to darksied would not have made as much of an impact in my eyes as i feel the F bomb is overused today.
Speedsters chorokinesis : I think it takes an act of will to run through time, and Barry has never really been good at this particular ability in either the comics, TV show or cartoons when compared to Wally West or Reverse flash. which is one of the reasons he screwed up the timeline so bad he did not know how to account for the time boom. in the comics berry has always required the cosmic treadmill to run through time well zoom and WW can do it without the treadmill.

Trigon did not save the JLD because he turned good, he saves the JLD because Darkseid killed his prey in Damian and worse Darkseid hurt his daughter. TrIgon may be a bad parent but he does care about Raven and has only ever hurt her emotionally at least in this continuity, and in titans (live-action). i have not read the older appearances of trigon nor the teen titans cartoon as I kinda missed a lot of episodes and have yet to watch the series. (sheepish blushing emoji here) SO ya darksied will be serving the worms as food or trigon will die. New gods can be killed.

Lucifer: Lucifer and trigon are not demons, lucifer is a fallen angel well trigon is a devil. A devil is the highest rank of demon.

1 Like

yes that is one of Darksieds powers. however in metal was superman who lost his hope and it was batman who rediscovered his hope. bats SOS was the reverse of the SOS via the guitar cords warning him not to rescue him as clark became the battery to fuel the fall of earth prime. Plus there would have been a chance that if darksied used the Omega sanction in this manner on Bruce, that Bruce would lose his mind, which is why darksied wanted Bruce for in the first place. so that was off the table.