Director Best Fit For A DC Project!!!

What’s a director you’d consider perfect for a specific DC Comics character or storyline to adapt for a film? Why would they work so well?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind George Miller getting another crack at things.

1 Like

A Mel Brooks Harley Quinn origin movie. He is perfect for exploring here yiddishness and the absurdity of comics in general. If anyone could explore the disturbing and probably pretty nuts childhood, Mel could do it.

HQ chooses to be nuts. You don’t do that without a ton of baggage, at least not if you’re a nihlist. Which HQ is not. So how did she get so broken. Showing pain through the lens of comedy is something MB does well.

2 Likes

The Coen Brothers’ Jonah Hex.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion, could you imagine how amazing that would be!?

Any director is fine so long as they don’t have complete and absolute creative control imo

@yutzy72091 I agree, give the director a bit of wiggle room to truly make the project theirs, but don’t give them so much that they change Superman into an Amazonian :smiley:

Hitchcock doing a Question movie.
Rod Serling doing a GL Corps movie.

1 Like

A Guy Ritchie Lobo movie. Or maybe a Sam Rami Blue Devil flick?

Guillermo Deltorro, Sandman, Zantanna, something magical to show off his dream like movies.

Robert Rodriguez something over the top action. Lobo, suicide squad, something in that vain.

I personally would watch a Sam Raimi Batman movie with Bruce Campbell as two face and, or even Batman, every single day of my life

1 Like

Yorgos Lathimos making a Psycho Pirate movie. Perfect for how Yorgos handles character and emotion.

1 Like

@TornadoSoup, Sam Raimi doing Blue Devil would be rad! Guy Ritchie I think would be better suited to a Gotham By Gaslight movie, given his propensity for bringing postmodern aspects to all his period pieces.