Digitized Comics Unavailable (or in Alternate Locations) on DC Universe Infinite: A Directory

As promised:

Update (9/4/22)

Digitized Comics Unavailable on DCUI - DC/WildStorm

Removals:

• Batman Versus Predator
  • Batman Versus Predator II
  • Batman/Hellboy/Starman
  • Batman/Predator III
  • Ghost/Batgirl
  • Superman vs. Predator
  • Superman vs. The Terminator: Fight for the Future
  • Wonder Woman/Conan

DC Comics/Dark Horse: Batman vs. Predator, DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics: Justice League Vol. 1, and Wonder Woman/Conan have been pulled from digital sale and distribution (meaning they’ve also been removed from hoopla) due to rights issues. :cry: The only two remaining DC/Dark Horse/Aliens/Predator crossover collections available digitally are DC Comics/Dark Horse: Superman and Dark Horse Comics/DC Comics: Justice League Vol. 2 (though I suspect that these two will be pulled themselves at some point in the future, so get 'em while you can!).

Hat tip to @idle453.87595

4 Likes

Update (9/6/22)

Additions:

Title Issue #s Available In hoopla Notes
My Buddy, Killer Croc Own title https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15331173 Graphic novel

Removals:

Title Issue #s
Gen13 (1995) 1-5
3 Likes

Special Update (9/6/22)

Issues Missing From DCUI

Removals:

Title Issue #s
Adventures of Supergirl, The 7-13 (Seven issues)
New Adventures of Superboy, The 44-49 (Six issues)
Wildcore Preview 1

14 long-time missing issues have finally been added to DCUI! :partying_face: BIG thanks to @HubCityQuestion for making this possible. I banged my head against the wall repeatedly about this for almost a year-and-a-half, but only HCQ was able to get this done! Thank you! :clap:

There are still a few issues that are technically “missing” from DCUI, in that they are available for sale on Amazon, but let’s just say that they are “missing for a reason” and leave it at that. That being the case, and under the belief that these remaining issues are not likely to be added to DCUI any time soon, I am officially retiring my Issues Missing From DCUI list (for now).

4 Likes

Justice League Unlimited Jlu GIF - Justice League Unlimited Jlu The Question - Discover & Share GIFs

We brought 'em home, KSA.

3 Likes

Divergence #1 not on dc universe infinite?

That was a collection of three of the DC Sneak Peeks, all of which can be read at the links on my list:

1 Like

Update (9/20/22)

Removals:

Title Issue #s
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Chris Bachalo Creating Catwoman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Dave Gibbons Creating Green Lantern 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Gary Frank Creating Shazam! 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Jerry Ordway Creating JLA 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Jim Lee Creating Wonder Woman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Joe Kubert Creating Batman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Buscema Creating Superman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Byrne Creating Robin 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Cassaday Creating Crisis 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Kevin Maguire Creating Flash 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Scott McDaniel Creating Aquaman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Walter Simonson Creating the Sandman 1
Just Imagine Stan Lee… Secret Files and Origins 1

The Just Imagine Stan Lee series has been added to DCUI in its entirety, in two collected editions: :partying_face:

Hat tip to @idle453.87595

7 Likes

:tada:

2 Likes

Thank for this link, the Showcase for this series on the home page has zero books in it.

1 Like

Update (9/28/22)

Additions:

Constantine: Distorted Illusions Own title N/A Graphic novel
Deadman Tells the Spooky Tales Own title https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15379655 Graphic novel

The Constantine book may be added to hoopla next week. I’ve seen it solicited for 10/4, so it seems it may have been released on Amazon a week early.

2 Likes

As predicted:

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15413386

1 Like

Update (10/11/22)

Removals:

With the Ultra update, the following YA graphic novels have been added to DCUI for all users:

5 Likes

Now THIS is a party.

2 Likes

If this is a party, then mid-November should bring the shindig of the century.

1 Like

Update (10/18/22)

Additions:

Batman: Hush Wizard #0 (“Interlude: The Cave”) Batman: Hush: 20th Anniversary Edition https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15458290
Batman: Hush Exclusive story (“The Aftermath”) Batman: Hush: 20th Anniversary Edition https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15458290
Green Lantern: Alliance Own title https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15458301 Graphic novel
2 Likes

Update (10/23/22)

Addition:

All Flash (2007) 1 Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (2006-2007) Vol. 2: Full Throttle N/A One-shot

Missed this one since the very beginning, since it’s not mentioned in the solicitation text for the book.
**grumblegrumble **

Makes me wonder what else I’ve missed for the same reason. Heck, maybe this and a whole bunch of other books will turn up on DCUI Ultra next month and make it all a moot point…

Hat tip to @bjpom.19914

4 Likes

Update (11/9/22)

Additions:

Diana and Nubia: Princesses of the Amazons Own title N/A Graphic novel
5 Likes

The issue with the creator owned titles (like Astro City or The Boys) is that the digital rights also move with those authors. Also, anything that might have mixed rights issue - I’m not sure why The Nobody (2009) by Jeff Leimire has a French Kindle edition, for example, but not an English digital - and unlike other creators, if he fully owns the rights, he has not moved them to Dark Horse or Image, etc.

Here, you are right to turn to and use the Grand Comics Database and you should also look to the DC Wikia (which is now a Fandom site and most of those entries are not being updated - but since we are talking about books likely published between say 1975-1990/2000 or so, they should have already been included there.

Also - to answer another question you asked, Barnes & Noble’s web site has a lot of DC books in digital, including surprisingly to me, floppies. Also, Apple iBooks has many DC books, in fact I own a huge collection of digitals since I own an iPad and had several hundreds of dollars in iTunes gift cards at my disposal, and as you can see from this screen shot, it includes floppies:

Apple remains a good source to check for the classic DC or ‘this week’s new releases’ since they do not share Crapazon’s engineering teams inability to create a proper search engine. And you do not need an Apple product or even an account simply to search and browse the site.

This looks like a great deal of hard work, so thanks for that.

4 Likes

Update (11/15/22)

Creator-Owned/Third-Party IP Titles Originally Published by DC

Additions:

Title Issue #s Original Imprint Current Publisher Available In hoopla Notes
Air 1-5 Vertigo Dark Horse (Berger Books) Air Volume 1 N/A
5 Likes

Update (11/23/22)

Additions:

Batman/Spawn: War Devil Batman/Spawn: The Classic Collection N/A Prestige one-shot
Spawn/Batman Batman/Spawn: The Classic Collection N/A Prestige one-shot

Digitized Comics Unavailable on DCUI - eBooks

Removals:

• A.D.D.: Adolescent Demo Division
    [Pulled from digital sale]
4 Likes