Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Agent of Spyral Appreciation

Nightwing Movie

I really hope that we get a Nightwing movie! Heā€™s such a good character with lots of great potential for a movie. Heā€™s a fun character but heā€™s also really complete character with his fair share of personal demons. I think the key would be to find the balance in that but its great movie potential.

2 Likes

@nightwingingit16 I want an animated movie before anything especially since DCā€™s live action is trash.

1 Like

Battle for the cowl ?

Ew no. Dick becoming Batman is totally regressive to his character. Dick is Nightwing end of story.

I liked Dickā€™s recent run as Batman (starting with Battle for the Cowl), but I wouldnā€™t want that to be anything more than a stepping stone to return to Nightwing. I agree, Dick IS Nightwing. However, I think picking up the Bat mantle was a good experience for him and others. He was a successful Batman, while being different from Bruce. If Nightwing got a series, I think the Battle for the Cowl and Batman arc would be fun to explore before returning to Nightwing.

Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forward

Now, donā€™t get me wrong I have no issue with Dick experiencing being Batman because how else is he gonna know that he doesnā€™t want or like being Batman. Just when everyone says Battle For the Cowl they did that knowing at the time Bruce was dead and not returning. They were planning on Dick being Batman for good which I think is regressive to his character because they had him abandon his entire life and narrative history just to do it. Then New 52 happened.
Personally, if itā€™s going to happen I would prefer it to be after Nightfall or whatever the story was was Bane broke Batmanā€™s back. He needs time to heal and Gotham needs a Batman for the time being so he asks Dick who obliges. It could be worked into a timeline where itā€™s between a Titans hiatus and before finding his own city so that heā€™s not abandoning his whole life. Then once Bruce is healed he can go back to doing his own thing.