[Dick Grayson Fan Club] OPENING EVENT: Bi-Week #1 Feb 16 - Mar 1, 2020

Wow, we have sooo many artists in the community! I had no idea.

5 Likes

@Jay_Kay Another dA refugee! Love the action in your pieces. That’s another thing I’ve gotta desperately work on. Most of the time I only do heads. :weary:

1 Like

I never had a deviantART… :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m still kind of on there. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My brother and I saw this and wanted to throw something together for it as well! Also, loving everyone else’s art on here, I think it’s awesome!

8 Likes

Awesome work!

1 Like

@chongoboy1014.74577 thanks to you and your bro for joining in, they’re both great! Big contrast, though - it looks like two opposite sides of his personality. The high-flying confident Dick, and then the one that always second guesses his own value. :sob:

4 Likes

@CynicalPink thank you! He was telling me he really wanted to showcase the shoes that Bruce sometimes leaves for Dick to feel and how Dick’s gotta feel with that

4 Likes

@chongoboy1014.74577 Tell him he nailed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Attempted to make the Nightwing logo out of clay. Will probably re do another time haha.

10 Likes

@Broken-Knight I was about to say “Yum!” because I thought it was a blue cookie…

7 Likes

two ttg-inspired richards!

i couldn’t think of a pose so he’s a little teapot

alfred bleached his tunic after a fight with clayface

8 Likes

@biff_pow I would buy those as stickers in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

lol thank you! but i plagiarized again, and nightwing doesn’t have a single butt :expressionless:

3 Likes

sacrilege

3 Likes

It looks great!

1 Like

I’m really loving all of the artwork, guys!

4 Likes

I was looking for some Dick fanart to post in this thread, and couldn’t find anything more recent than 2+ years old… I deemed this unacceptable and decided to dedicate my evening to drawing the man, myth, and legend himself.

9 Likes

@RedWing7 it looks great! I love the way the colors look! I’ve been trying to figure out how to better color my own pieces, any suggestions?

2 Likes

I use alcohol-based markers. There are some expensive ones out there but mine are actually just a cheap set that I ordered on Amazon. I’ve found with the markers that you really have to blend them when they’re still wet, which prevents streakiness. When I color I also go by color (I do all the blue first, then the warm tones for his face, then greys for his suit and hair.) In the end I also like to use a white gel pen to go over some highlights (this part is super fun.)

Other than markers I also like to use colored pencils. I’ve found that you can use a lot of the same techniques (blending, layering, ect) with both mediums. The only thing I don’t like about colored pencils is that sometimes my line-art can get lost underneath them. This can be fixed by redoing the lines, but it takes more time. I feel like colored pencils are really great for value transitions, but they can take more time.

I hope I helped! :grin: Just remember to draw as much as you can, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different mediums and techniques.

6 Likes