Dial H for Hero (2019-) Discussion Thread

Let’s discuss “Dial H for Hero” (2019-), written by our DC Daily host, Sam Humphries!

This thread will contain spoilers!

• What are your thoughts on the series so far?

• How did you hear about the series? - I heard about it on DC Daily.

• What are your favorite moments?

4 Likes

I like this post. I haven’t read the issue yet, but when I do, I know where I’m going.

2 Likes

Great! I can’t wait to discuss the series with you and everyone!

1 Like

I really loved the first issue and can’t wait for issue 2.
SPOILERs*

Issue #1
This had one of the best openings I’ve read. At first, I thought, ‘how could the coolest thing that happened to him be a near-death experience?’ And then I read his near-death experience, and I have to say, I agree with Miguel, it was the coolest thing ever! Like, seriously, BEST. DAY. EVER.!

I do not like a lot of mayo, so I related to Miguel’s disdain for the mayo truck. There were so many mayo-food options that I was laughing and enjoying the creativity there.

Miguel’s need to find a rush was heart-breaking.

As for the phone. I’m old enough to know how to use the phone, but I wondered if younger people would know how to dial anything on rotary phone. Which made me laugh at myself because this just proves that I’m getting old :wink:

I was completely entertained through the whole issue.

3 Likes

I was going to read this in singles, then thought I’d read it in trade. Now I’m torn…

As for where I heard about the series, it was when DC made their big announcement for the Wonder Comics imprint and the titles that would be in it.

1 Like

I loved it, and hope it continues to grow. I liked the adventure it established but now that I think about it I don’t remember it to well. uh oh! Either way reading this I sort of remember. One thing I’ve liked about Wonder Comics at the moment is the number of times superheroes have impacted the ordinary people. Naomi’s small town became obsessed with what happened and Miguel became an adrenaline junkie. Hope this exploration continues

2 Likes

Also how do you dial a rotary phone? (Honestly have no idea)

1 Like

How to dial a rotary phone:

Stick your finger in the hole of the number you need to dial. Keep doing that for each number until the whole number has been dialed.

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson
LOL! It’s confirmed now, I’m officially old.
My grandmother had a rotary phone - they were actually pretty fun to dial, but if you made a mistake, you had to hang up the phone and start all over again. I’m sure there’s a youtube video, or older movie that’ll show it in action :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/u52UUO6vN-E

3 Likes

@Vroom, the video is great!

@Nathan.Payson please check out the youtube link Vroom posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@JLWWSM Having seen you live on DC Daily, I would’ve guessed 21-28. You looked young at least!

1 Like

Picked this one up at the comic store this week. I’m looking forward to seeing Humphries invent some ridiculous superheroes in each issue. (And, I’m hoping, an appearance by The Question, who was following the H-Dial mystery in Action Comics…)

1 Like

@Nathan.Payson
You just made my day! Thank you! =)

2 Likes

@JL any time!!

1 Like