Details Regarding DC's "Generations"

From DC Comics:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/02/13/dc-presents-generation-one-age-of-mysteries

What do you think? Excited? Disappointed? Indifferent?

Sounds like it could be fun. Like a DC history book/encyclopedia, in a comic book format.

2 Likes

I talked more about it in my road to 5G post, but 5G is COMING!!! I’m glad DC is taking the time to get the continuity right.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw your thread there after I posted this @Nathan.Payson. Don’t mind deleting this one if you’d like to have a dedicated thread.

1 Like

I literally could care less.

I’m quite intrigued so far. I won’t judge anything until I’ve read it, but so far so good.

1 Like

Agreed overall. I have some minor reservations about Clark not being the first hero, mirroring Action Comics #1 being what started it all. Also a bit worried about the aftermath (5G). However, I do like the idea behind these “Generation” one shots.

3 Likes

One doesn’t have to be the first to be the best. :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, I’m fairly excited to see how they’re going to do this. I’m still cautious about 5G, but the fact that they’re guiding us into it with these one-shots makes me think that they’ve actually thought this through to some degree and are willing to retcon continuity to make things slightly more streamlined but still retain the main components.

Plus it reminds me a lot of Byrne’s “Generations” comics, which I do really like.

4 Likes

:clap: :clap:

Well said Vroomy!

1 Like

Mayhaps the upcoming Generations books will facilitate the digital releases of Byrne’s Generations output?

We can hope.

1 Like

I can’t help but be skeptical. One can never underestimate Dan Didio’s ability to screw up.

3 Likes