Dennis Culver Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

The DC Creator Q&A Series is back, with our first returning guest: Dennis Culver!

As our first two-time Creator Q&A guest, Dennis is ready to jump back into the hot seat answer all your burning questions! Since chatting with him in Episode 2 of the Creator Q&A Series last year, Dennis has been continuing his work on Unstoppable Doom Patrol. With Volume 1 releasing tomorrow, we’re excited to have Dennis returning for another awesome Q&A.

Got more burning questions to ask Dennis? Drop them in the thread below for Dennis to answer between now and April 6, and keep an eye out when Episode 8 of the DC Creator Q&A Series releases later this month!

As with every episode of the series, this one comes with an exclusive giveaway! All participants have a chance to win a signed copy of Unstoppable Doom Patrol Vol.1! Please limit your questions for Dennis to just one, so that he can answer as many as possible!

Terms Apply. For eligibility requirements, full rules, and details on the Creator Q&A Giveaway, please visit this page.

No purchase necessary to enter/win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US or D.C. who are 18 or older. This DC Universe Infinite Community Giveaway (“DCUICG”) begins 4/1/24 at 12:00:00 p.m. PT and ends 04/06/24 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Prize for this DCUICG: Unstoppable Doom Patol Vol. 1. ARV of this DCUICG Prize: $3.99. Click here to view complete Official Rules, including ALL methods of entry, restrictions and extended Prize details. Odds of winning depend on # of Entries received for this specific DCUICG. Entry into this specific DCUI Community Giveaway does not result in an Entry into any other DCUICG, Sweepstakes or Contests. Sponsored and Administered by DC Comics, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
7 Likes

Hey there, Dennis! Glad to have you back!

My question is, were there any parts of this series you were particularly proud of? Any moments of “oh yeah, I totally just WROTE that”?

6 Likes

Doom Patrol is often considered a small team of misfits and outcasts. How has their unfamiliar and — dare I say — inhuman nature affected the plot and characters within the series?

7 Likes

Hello :wave: Welcome Back

My question is was there any ideas or things you wanted to do with Doom Patrol that you didn’t get the chance to do?

6 Likes

Hi, Dennis! The Doom Patrol has often been used as an allegory for the queer experience, especially through Morrison and Pollack’s runs on the series. Was that something you had in mind on your own Doom Patrol run?

5 Likes

When writing doom patrol do you feel like there is anything that was off limits, or with them being who they are was it an anything goes experience? (Obviously no hate speech or anything like that)

3 Likes

Is there any other book you’d like to work on in DC?

4 Likes

Apparently this contest doesn’t begin for another 10 years and yet it ended two months ago! :laughing:

Thanks for bringing the Q&A back and for bringing Dennis Culver back! I’ll have to give some thought to what one question I’d most like to ask him and will edit this post before April 6th to submit it in time.

EDIT: When creating a character like Degenerate/Subject 99 in Unstoppable Doom Patrol how much do you communicate what you think the character should look like and how much do you leave up to the artist you’re working with - in this case Chris Burnham?

4 Likes

Hah, good catch! :eyes:

4 Likes

If you continued with a volume 2, where did you envision taking the Doom Patrol next?

3 Likes

Is there any other DC team you would like to tackle in the future?

3 Likes

Who was your favorite doom patrol member to write? And what was your favorite issue? I absolutely lived the issue with star-bro and the therapy issue.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @bidoof33 and @vpallerla12.58319! :partying_face: Thanks for taking part in this poll - please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :doom_patrol_club:

2 Likes

Two Doom Patrol related questions

1. Who were your favorite and least favorite characters to write?

2. Do you think you’ll be given the opportunity to write a second mini?

Much love and congrats on the amazing book!

2 Likes

Hello
I was wondering since this run had a lot of reoccurring members and some now ones who were you most excited to bring back or is there some one else that you would of liked to bring but couldn’t? And who was your favorite new addition to the world of doom patrol?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @SunnyGlassy and @ianlafferty120.56329! :tada: Thank you for sharing your questions with us - if you need anything, just let the moderator team know. :doom_patrol_club:

1 Like

Updated to add my question. Hope I was able to submit it in time.

4 Likes