Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons

Who has seen the new Deathstroke series on CW Seed and what you think about it?

5 Likes

I personally love it! I just hope for it to be an ongoing series and wish it was on this platform.

1 Like

I enjoyed it, hope they release a longer cut for DVD/BluRay like they have with the rest of the animated films on the Seed.

1 Like

I also did a spoiler free review of Deathstroke on my podcast if you would like to listen: Episode 21 by The Chris-Cast • A podcast on Anchor

1 Like

It was a bit better than OK, but just a tiny bit.

Slade is an OK character, but not a great character. They’ve kinda set him up as the villainous equivalent of Bat-God

I think if DC is going to keep him that way, he needs to be used more sparingly. Like they do with Darkseid.

That said, a second half that finishes an arc would be nice. Like they did with Constantine.

4 Likes

I’m not crazy about what they did with Joey and Rose. Also, it was weird to see Deathstroke be portrayed as a merc with a conscience and Bronze Tiger as an amoral killer. Traditionally, it’s been more of the reverse.

1 Like

Wait what is this I hear of?

I wouldn’t say bronze tiger was an amoral killer in this. He was criticizing slade for being a hypocrite in trying to justify his murdering

2 Likes

I wish they’d release the second part soon.

wait…they aired knights and dragons on the CW like Constantine city of demons? I just picked up the film version so thats what i am going off of.
I liked that they made Slade as a bit more caring then his portrayal in teen titans (cartoon) and titans. he is a bit more like marvels wolverine. i can get why he beat bronze tiger given he is a batman level tactician but really tiger was a bit of a disappointment after his portrayal in Hell to pay. However i liked that Slade’s wife lived threw the film as she was killed off the new earth books.

The one thing i did not like i did not like is Lady Shiva has been a bit of a pushover in every one of her portrayals that i have seen still have not watched Young justice season 2 or three. the exception being Beware the Batman. Heres hoping she will be a compleate badass in Batman soul of the dragon. I mean come on this is a woman who has beat batman she should have been harder to take down. i mean come on this is a woman who took on a depressed Etragan and once he captured her sword and arm just kept kicking him in the face. she should be harder to beat…then agai nEtragan is a massicist so he likely enjoyed the pretty lady kicking him in the face.=)