DCUI ULTRA - Year 2 Details and FAQ!

DCUI ULTRA hits its one-year anniversary today, and we have some exciting updates to share for both new and existing ULTRA members!

Renewing your DCUI ULTRA subscription? Confirm your shipping address to receive your FREE copy of THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS DELUXE EDITION with ULTRA-exclusive variant cover by Francesco Mattina!

New to ULTRA? Subscribe or upgrade to receive your FREE annual gift and choose between THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS DELUXE EDITION or THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION with an ULTRA-exclusive variant cover by Ivan Reis!

DCUI ULTRA subscribers will receive an email with a link where they can make their book selection, subject to availability, and update their mailing address. Once you have updated/submitted your mailing address, you should expect your free book to arrive within 10-12 weeks! Please note that a valid Ultra Annual paid subscription is required, and this offer is not available during the free trial period. Limit 1 collectible comic per account. Content may vary, with the comic ultimately selected by DC.

Need a refresher on DCUI ULTRA? Let’s cover the basics:

What is DCUI ULTRA?
DC Universe Infinite ULTRA is the newest membership tier for the DC Universe Infinite service. With ULTRA Tier, users will be able to read the latest releases from DC one month after they are available in comic shops.

How do I upgrade to DCUI ULTRA?
There are a couple of ways for you to gain access to the DC Universe Infinite ULTRA tier. Once you have registered and logged into DC Universe Infinite, you can always navigate to MyDC > Settings and click on ‘Subscription’. From here, select the ULTRA plan and complete the required information to upgrade to this tier. Additionally, you can click/tap on any comic book with the ‘ULTRA’ badge to be taken through the upgrade flow (these comic books will appear throughout the app). Once you are in the comic book detail screen, click on 'Read Now with ULTRA’. From here, you can upgrade to ULTRA by selecting the ULTRA plan and completing the required information. Once you upgrade, you will gain access to your new benefits immediately! You will be charged for the ULTRA tier (currently $119.99/year in the U.S.) plus applicable taxes at the time you upgrade. If you upgrade from a free trial or between paid plans, you may be eligible for a partial refund or extended subscription period for the time remaining on your existing subscription, pro-rated based on the price difference between plans.

What If I Get Billed through the App Store?
If you get billed through the app store, the user flow remains the same. Once you upgrade, you will gain access to your new benefits immediately! You will be charged for the ULTRA tier (currently $119.99/year in the U.S.) plus applicable taxes at the time you upgrade. If you upgrade from a free trial or between paid plans, you may be eligible for a partial refund or extended subscription period for the time remaining on your existing subscription, pro-rated based on the price difference between plans.

What happens to my current subscription if I cancel to upgrade?
Don’t cancel your subscription! Once you are logged into DC Universe Infinite, you can navigate to MyDC > Settings and click on ‘Subscription’. From here, select the ULTRA plan and complete the required information to upgrade to this tier. Additionally, you can click/tap on any comic book with the ‘ULTRA’ badge to be taken through the upgrade flow (these comic books will appear throughout the app). Once you are in the comic book detail screen, click on 'Read Now with ULTRA’. You will be charged for the ULTRA tier (currently $119.99/year in the U.S.) plus applicable taxes at the time you upgrade. If you upgrade from a free trial or between paid plans, you may be eligible for a partial refund or extended subscription period for the time remaining on your existing subscription, pro-rated based on the price difference between plans.

For any issues or bugs with signing up for, upgrading to, or using DCUI ULTRA, please visit the DCUI ULTRA Help Center for assistance.

Happy reading, and happy birthday to DCUI ULTRA!

35 Likes

Maybe I’ll do it this time. I wonder if DCUI Ultra is working out well for DC or if people prefer physical comics? :thinking: It makes the issues more accessible. I honestly haven’t had time for comics for years due to my lack of a work/life balance. I would like to change that and actually enjoy things again. Are people digging the Ultra?

17 Likes

I like giving the latest comics only a month after they were published, that’s been pretty sweet.

14 Likes

Where/how do we confirm our mailing address?

13 Likes

Keep an eye out for an email in the coming weeks! You’ll receive a link to a form where you can confirm/update your address.

13 Likes

How long will the bat who laughs offer last?

Also I couldn’t renew my subscription today as it expires today so canceled it due now but plan to renew later at some point. Would I still be eligible for the Bat who laughs book?

8 Likes

Yes, you will still be eligible for the BWL book! I’m not positive how long the offer lasts, but I’ll check and let you know!

9 Likes

Ultra is a great value beyond getting to read the latest issues only a month after hitting the stands. Ultra also includes a large library of Graphic Novels that aren’t included in the standard service.

15 Likes

Thank you :+1:

6 Likes

Let me put it this way, if there’s a graphic novels you’ve always wanted to read, say Batman: Earth One Vol 2 & 3, the only way to read those is through Ultra. Then yes, it’s totally worth it, and you get new comics a month after it’s release instead of waiting 6 month. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Welcome back to the community @thegrayson and @actionjohn! :partying_face: Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if y’all need anything! :batparrot:

9 Likes

Hey, so as I mentioned in a different thread, my subscription renewed today and I got an email but clicking on claim only gives me The Death of Superman and no option to switch. Will I get a new email with an updated link?

12 Likes

Wondering the same. Don’t need another death of Superman :blush:

9 Likes

Very cool news about the comic options for Year 2!

I am really digging the trades - especially since they are often scanned much better than the single issues!

10 Likes

I probably don’t use it as much as I should but still digging Ultra.

10 Likes

If you click through the link in the email again, you should see the option for either book. Try that, and if it doesn’t seem to be the case, I’d recommend following up through the DCUI ULTRA Help Center.

10 Likes

@Jitsu - do you know if this is the e-mail in question? This is a panel from yesterday’s newsletter. (subject line = “New Chapter Begins for the Caped Crusader & the Boy Wonder in Batman and Robin #1!”)

Problem is, that’s a “learn more” link, not a “confirm your mailing address” link. This goes to the standard (non-authenticated) ULTRA - Join Now page, which includes a “ULTRA MEMBER EXCLUSIVE GIFT!” panel outlining the same offer, but includes only a “Join Now” link, not a “confirm your mailing address” link. Said link, if you’re already signed in and the background cookies on the premium landing page don’t kill your browser, lands you on your personal Settings page. If you click via an unauthenticated session, you can “choose your plan” which will then prompt you to log in and try to change your plan (which is not a renewal, but abandoning last year’s rates for this year’s…).

Happy to dump this all in the help center request - just wanted to make sure I’m even starting with the right e-mail and am not just impatient.

8 Likes

Hey hey! That is not the email in reference. Keep an eye out for another email that has a very clear link to update your address and claim your book!

8 Likes

The Ultra tier of DCUI is unquestionably the best value in comic books today. You get everything (singles and collections that is; no Absolutes or omnibuses) DC publishes a month after it drops at retail and can be up to speed with current goings-on of your favorite titles (or, find a title that then becomes your favorite that you can be up to speed on) easy-peasy.

Simply put, I absolutely love Ultra. Its one of my all-time favorite DC products and then some (and that’s coming from 34 years of DC fandom).

Elsewhere, :sparkles: :fireworks: Happy Year One, DCUI Ultra! :fireworks: :sparkles: :partying_face:

Here’s to a wonderful Year Two and beyond! :clinking_glasses:

11 Likes

Tried just now, nope :frowning:

6 Likes