DCUI ULTRA Tier: Community FAQ

Ha I have the exact same question. Most of them are in the ULTRA LATEST RELEASES but a few of them aren’t, and don’t come up in any search.

Also can’t find the YA books.

6 Likes

I just signed up for Ultra and already got the notification from PayPal that I have been charged, but my plan on the DCUI still shows monthly and I can’t access the new books on any device.

5 Likes

This is an issue that is currently being worked on! In the meantime, please head to the DCUI Help Center and submit a request/question, so that the CS team can get all your info.

7 Likes

@Jitsu, are you aware that the link you provided goes to a club posting for the Psychology of Super Villains from August 2021? This may have made me giggle more than it should have.

6 Likes

Ultra issues that are part of existing series can be found on the individual series page. There’s a prompt for “show full series”. Wonder Girl Annual # 1, for example, shows up in the Wonder Girl (2021) series.

Books that don’t belong to an existing series, however, don’t show up in browse OR search. Multiversity: Teen Justice # 1 for example can’t be accessed. Whatever engine powers the browse and search pages just needs to be tweaked to show all issues including ultra.

4 Likes

I fixed it :joy:

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I tapped the “change subscription” button again and it eventually went through, only under my account it still shows that I’m on the monthly plan and I don’t have access to the Ultra-only books even though PayPal has already processed the payment. So now I have a support ticket in. Yay.

4 Likes

I know a lot is going on today due to this launch, so I was like “honest mistake” but let someone that won’t throw a fire onto all this mention it before others scream sabotage like they do sometimes on here. :wink:

6 Likes

I sent an email to the support email address and have a ticket number. I guess I should just wait on that?

4 Likes

For real. Honestly, it’s like a Discourse thing. When you type in the support link it pulls and suggests EVERY OTHER THREAD it’s ever been posted in and tries to auto-fill for you. In a rush, this is very easy to do on accident haha

7 Likes

Today has been a DAY, friends. Hooooo boy–thanks for catching that! :joy:

10 Likes

Day one subscriber of DC Universe Infinite
Day one subscriber of DC Universe Infinite Ultra

Love the shorter window for DC comics - 30 days is crazy fast and is literally faster than I get physical copies of the books via subscriptions.dccomics.com! I’m now overwhelmed with reading options and don’t know where to begin - what a wonderful “problem” to have!

Thank you to DC for creating this new tier and for pricing it so fairly. It’s 27 cents a day to read all the DC Comics you could ever want and that price will never increase as long as you keep your subscription active. Amazing.

This truly is the Ultra experience and app for DC fans!

12 Likes

Okay. Can’t swing the $100. I have been a member since the first day of the service with a monthly subscription. I have been disappointed at the loss of the streaming service and the change to infinite when we were told a lot more comics would be coming. I would be willing to do a little more each month, and not getting the physical comic. In my opinion the monthly subscribers are getting a little hosed on this.

4 Likes

So it finally went through and it’s a nightmare.

What I clicked on said I had a free 88-day trial, and I’d be charged $99 on Jan. 6. Fine.

My account says my subscription renews Dec. 17. Why is that?

No charges to my cards right now, but I immediately received two refunds to an old card via Paypal for $16.63 each. Why is that? Also, is it possible that the charge is still coming, and if so, why does my subscription renew this December? Why not a year from today?

Last year when I renewed, there was a billing snafu and I lost my founder subscription rate that I’d had for being a day 1 subscriber to the old service. I did get a refund to make up for it, but I’m afraid this is doing to happen again this year and I’ll won’t be able to keep the $99 rate.

Honestly, the problems with this app are making me consider just stopping buying all DC Comics. I don’t want to go through the billing support help desk again because they never actually resolved my problem last year.

This isn’t the way to keep fans or paying customers.

1 Like

All these subscriptions are great and all, but I hope there will be some features that remain FREE to use, such as Community, and free comics. I’m willing to wait however long it takes for a comic series to be free to read.

2 Likes

This fact is why I might be unsubbing. I’m on SSI so theres no way that I can do Annual so I feel like this is a slap in my face and seriously considering dropping reg dcui! Some of us can ONLY afford monthly subs as 100 or more (even just once a year) is just not feasible,

3 Likes

Best words yet on this! I love having the same “problem” that you have. I will be reading so many of the Dark Crisis books. I had read issues one of Infinite Frontier, but had to stop it because it was taking forever to release. Now, I can read them all. I can’t say how happy I am truly with this.

I want to give one bad thing though, which is that for people on a fixed income the no monthly subscription will put them at a huge disadvantage. They would not be able to foot a sudden $100 drop of money. They can usually budget, however, the monthly cost. I really hope that the monthly plan eventually happens for people that want to have one-month access but can’t afford a drop in the bucket like this. The social worker in me coming out with that part.

I have said since day one of these forums and I will say it again, I will support DCUI always. Glad to see the app improving and figuring out how to stay sustainable.

5 Likes

I had the same issue, but I had to update my subscription preferences through my iPhone. Now everything is fine and dandy.

Very excited.

4 Likes

You can still do the monthly sub. Nothing would be changed for you compared to now.

3 Likes

I am currently billed through Apple and tried to click on an Ultra-labeled issue in the iPhone app to upgrade my subscription. After that, I seemed to have access because the lock icon over the issues disappeared. However, when I try reading an Ultra issue, I get the Alfred error message. Also, the lock icons still appear on Ultra issues on my iPad on the same Apple account, and on the DCUI website. And I don’t appear to be getting the upgrade discount. Under Subscriptions in my Apple account, I now have two DCUI subscriptions listed. It says I have a 7-day free trial of Ultra and then I’ll be charged $99, and it still says my previous DCUI subscription will renew December 25 for $59.99. I just opened a ticket.

3 Likes