DCUI ULTRA Tier: Community FAQ

I hear ya! Thanks so much for your cooperation!

5 Likes

If I subscribe to a service and forget to change my credit card when it is renewed I don’t get thrown out right away, but get a bit of time to fix it.

If I failed at “all my prescribed tasks” then, yes, I would most likely get fired. But that’s not what’s happening here. SOME users are experiencing problems and they are working to fix those problems. That’s a quite different scenario.

I work at a major company and If I had a task and some bugs were found when doing the final implementation, I wouldn’t get kicked out. Would it reflect badly on my performance? Sure, but we’d try to get those bugs fixed as quickly as possible and then once that was done review what went wrong. If the fault was due to me not taking my task seriously then I might not be there for long, but very few rollouts of new products go exactly according to plan even with a bunch of beta-testing.

The problem most people have isn’t related to actually reading those new comics, it is related to problems with the sign-up. Since we don’t know the exact reason these problems occur, we don’t know if it is related to someone making a mistake in the coding, if it is because the number of users trying to upgrade has exceeded their expectations and this causes problems, if it is a combination or if it is something completely different.

I will not add to their profit by supporting failure, but I wouldn’t jump ship because everything wasn’t working 100% perfectly right away. Would I be upset that it wasn’t working. No doubt, and the longer it took the more upset I’d be AND I’d expect to be compensated (by an extension of my membership) if my payment had gone through but I wasn’t able to read the books.

3 Likes

@Jitsu and @staticshocks , for customers like me who subscribe through Apple and pay through Paypal, are we looking at a situation where we should just end our current DCUI accounts and sign up for a new account on the DCUI website with a major credit card for Ultra? Can you tell us if that will work versus our current situation? If the things that are preventing us from reading Ultra books are Apple subscriptions and Paypal payments, I don’t want to wait anymore. It will be tough to lose our current stats, favorites, lists, etc., but I’m starting to feel like this problem is not going to be fixed for a good while.

2 Likes

Ok, I think I’m done. I sent support another ticket about Unknown Error for PayPal, and support told me I could sign up via PayPal, so I doubt this issue is ever going to get fixed. It was nice trying to subscribe, but I’m done wasting my time on this.

2 Likes

I would also love to see things like Batman: Once Upon A Crime and Black Canary: Ignite (two of my favorite releases) available on the app!

3 Likes

Jitsu might have more insight on this than I do in the present, so I’ll leave this for him — appreciate your understanding and patience in the meantime!

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to upgrade to ultra, but it keeps giving me “unknown error”. I’ve tried changing my payment method as others suggested, but I get an error when trying to switch my primary payment method, and switching in the upgrade screen yields the same “unknown error”. I also tried cancelling and resubscribing with ultra (despite the FAQ saying I don’t have to because I didn’t want to wait), but I’m still getting “unknown error”.

3 Likes

I was wondering if we would get a list of all the vertigo titles and graphic novels coming in November

2 Likes

Yes, there should be a list coming next month from what they have said

3 Likes

There is an another update on the app that just went out, hopefully it fixes some issues that I see folks are having.

2 Likes

Is there a November “Ultra” release list out already? I’m curious to know what else is upcoming…

3 Likes

Are you on IOS or something else?

2 Likes

Andriod

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m on IOS and haven’t seen an update yet but I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for letting us know.

3 Likes

What version is your infinite?

2 Likes

3.7. Yours?

2 Likes

3.6.1 I seem to be behind then…ha!
However I will say I havent run into any bugs or issues and I can find all the latest ultra releases. They also are mentioned on my home screen.
So it looks like I need to look out for an update!

4 Likes

Hey hey! Firstly, love the username.

Secondly–that’s not ideal! Let’s see what we can do to sort it out. What device are you on? Also, have you tried submitting a support ticket? That will help get your issue on the radar of the support team. In the meantime, I’ll escalate this and see what I can figure out.

4 Likes

@Jitsu I had previously mentioned this yesterday, but any insight on the $2 refunds given out after each attempt of upgrading? I tired to upgrade this morning just to test and another refund of $2 came through. Just wondering what that was about.

3 Likes

The problem with support is they don’t always read the entire message. This is the response I got when mentioning Unknown Error via PayPal a second time:

“We have recently tightened up our subscription flow to ensure users protection. When entering your payment details during sign-up, please make sure the information you are submitting matches all of your card/billing details EXACTLY as stated on your credit card bill (ex., “Rd” and not “Road” in the address).”

Problem is, that’s not even an option on the payment page.

I was also told

“Should you continue to have issues with your payment method you can also try signing up with PayPal on the web or via the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE mobile apps.”

Which doesn’t help me when b/c I’m trying to subscribe via PayPal.

So if the solution to this is to parrot off to support, it isn’t working.

I know there are a lot of issues going on here, but this is kinda dumb at this point.

3 Likes