DCU "Nightwing" Release Notes: February 2020

Hi, everybody! These notes reflect changes that rolled out at the end of February- sorry they’re going out a bit late! You can expect our March release notes in the proper month :slight_smile:

Our February update is code named Nightwing, a former Boy Wonder who got tired of playing sidekick to one of the most recognizable heroes in the DCU and decided to break out on his own. After the untimely demise of his acrobat family, he was taken in by bat-friendly, billionaire Bruce Wayne. Dick Grayson has always stayed true to what he learned as Robin and his code is simple – if you’re breaking the law on his turf, expect a swift, painful trip to Arkham.

Highlights

• Check out your Community Stats in your My DC Profile. (iOS, Web)
  • Continue consuming related Video and Comic content via the End Of Video card. (Roku)
  • We’re improving Error Messages during the Change/Update Payment Flow. (Web)
  • We’re refining our integration with Google’s Subscribe & Install Program. (Android, ATV)
  • We’re continuing to make the Deep Link experience more reliable. (iOS)
  • Updates to Community Sub-Categories & Navigation (Mobile, Web)
  • Airplay2 fully deployed on DC Universe. Our users can now airplay DC movies straight to their compatible Smart TVs without requiring an actual AppleTV hardware.

Top of mind improvements continue to be improving the “Dive Back In” feature, Adding “Marked as Read” to your comics, improved navigation to Comic Book sort filters, and more.

While everyone’s favorite Titan keeps the peace, we continue to improve DC Universe with new features, bug fixes and better performance. Be sure to keep an eye on the Watchtower for more exciting releases every month. And as always, let us know what you’d like to see next!

17 Likes

Looking good! Thanks for keeping the bugs away. :bug:

5 Likes

Wow, okay. I guess you don’t want me here.

5 Likes

For you I make an exception.

4 Likes

Thank you. I would hate to have to find a new DC social media platform

4 Likes

Just added this, as well:

Airplay2 fully deployed on DC Universe. Our users can now airplay DC movies straight to their compatible Smart TVs without requiring an actual AppleTV hardware. :smiley:

5 Likes

A PS4 app is all I need​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Nighwing. How has no one mentioned this?

1 Like

I noticed the end of video card… it is a nice touch for sure.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Wait does this mean like any smart tv or only smart tvs that have the app on it?

1 Like

Excellent job! Thank you for continuing to make DCU a wonderful experience!

Side Question/Note: How often do the “My DC” stats update? They seem to be slightly out of sync with the numbers in the Community Summary.

1 Like

Hello,

I experienced a feature regression with this update on iOS.

Now when I go the dive back in for comics, it takes me to the beginning of a comic and not the page I was reading in the browser.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

I’ve been enjoying the services a lot, the thing that I think the comic reader needs is the ability to see the whole page before and after going panel to panel to really appreciate the art and the effort the artists put into it. Hope to see it on the next update, thank you!

1 Like