DCU needs to understand the virtues of binge watching

The ONLY show you cannot binge on this platform is Titans. I’m perfectly fine with that. I can binge away on other stuff then look forward to Titans each week.

1 Like

They are more concerned about gaining more subscribers and keeping them entertained week to week than they are satisfying the needs of some who binge watch shows. They have to reach a break even point as far as subscribers for this service to continue and just loading entire seasons at a time of content doesn’t really serve that purpose for that goal. I am sure that those who were interested have already binge watched the content they already have online. If the entire season of Titans were available now, they would just binge watch it and discontinue the service until the next season of some new content came. That dissent help with retention.

3 Likes

I would argue that they do understand the virtues of binge watching, which is why they gave us so many shows already to do just that for a month until Titans came out. In the time since I got this service, I binge watched all the Batman films, all the Superman films, and Batman Beyond. This was all in between a full-time job, gaming, and having a social life.

2 Likes

Does anybody know if anything will be in 4K? Is Titans in 4K?

I get it binge watching is fun but after u do it a week or so later you have nothing to do and weekly drops DC universe has fans talking and watching for 11 weeks and Im looking forward to having something new to watch during the breaks with other shows

3 Likes

I’m not saying everyone who wants to binge would cancel DC universe but it seems that’s why some fans want to binge Titans 11 weeks that means u get something new for the next 9 weeks

More and more, the most important thing for a show, is becoming it’s social media presence. And I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but shows that release all their episodes for Binge watching purposes, have really short Social Media Cycles. Barely anyone talks about a Netflix show even like 3 days after it’s premiere. And that’s fine, for Netflix, who’s got a massive stranglehold on the Streaming World, but smaller services, that are beholden to massive corporations and investors, don’t want their shows to be forgotten that quickly.

The Binge Watching Model isn’t as universally good for a Company, as Netflix would have you believe. Maybe you prefer it, but this is about making money, not your preferences.

9 Likes

Months of hype for Stranger Things and Marvel shows, they release and get good reviews then poof until a year later

5 Likes

I binge watch the ranch and hate the long wait for A new season

1 Like

Can u imagine the spoilers all over here and twitter if it was all released all the episodes

3 Likes

I prefer the one by one so spoilers don’t get out so quickly and also I’m a busy guy being a single dad. This makes it so much easier to stick to this method so please don’t change this DC Universe!

7 Likes

Exactly @thepaul

Talk dies out quick for shows that are released all at once. Is anyone still talking about Luke Cage’s new season or the latest and last season of Iron Fist? Nope. Daredevil season 3 just got released today and I think any social media presence on that show will die out within 2-3 weeks. It’s about creating buzz and keeping an active presence, especially for the first original show on this service.

2 Likes

By slow rolling this show DC has brought something back to the audience: shared anticipation. We don’t have to ask where each other is at, or worry about getting on our phones and seeing a spoiler. We can all ride together.

10 Likes

About watch Titans before the watch party we definitely need to set up more watch party’s what’s everyones thought on elseworld

If you want to binge why don’t you wait for the series to come out and then watch them. No one is stopping you. I prefer the once a week release.

5 Likes

i would love to binge watch titan but there is not enough tv on here to justify binge watching. it i dont wanna blow through everything they have to offer i now force my self to watch one episode of the bingable shows like louis and clark. because i could get through everything they have right now in a month and a half and then what keep paying for a app that will sit there tell i wanna read a comic. they need more shows on here bad

2 Likes

We’ve just been spoiled by Netflix. I don’t feel like every streaming service needs to drop the whole season of a show at once. For example HBO has weekly programming and that service is doing fine. Extending shows generates discussion for a longer period and gives people like me something to look forward to every week. Weekly programming has it’s benefits.

The subscribers against dropping the series all at once are few and have no logical reason for it.

If they like weekly shows, they could choose to watch one episode a week. It’s a losing position.

DCU was poorly conceived. Titans looks good but Marvel Unlimited is light years ahead of this.

I don’t know I’ve seen plenty of logical arguments both for and against DC Universe dropping entire seasons at once. Someone disagreeing with your particular point of view doesn’t make their’s somehow invalid or illogical.

That’s a pretty dismissive stance to take whatever the numbers involved on both sides.

1 Like