DCU Book Club Week 22: FLASHPOINT DIGITAL DELUXE (2011) Issues 1-5

I like the Rogues gallery so Captain Cold and the rest, Mirror master, Glider

1 Like

Eobard is definitely great in terms of the love/hate/obsession he has for Barry. Similarly, Hunter Zolomon is great for his motivation of “create tragedy to make Flash a better hero.”

3 Likes

Just finished it!!

2 Likes

This is my first time joining the Book Club, I really like Wally West Flash in Justice League animation, who is play by Michael Roesnbaum. Sorry if I spell his name wrong. Anyway I’m looking forward to read and watch Flashpoint. :smiley:
By the way my favorite Flash is Barry Allen!:grin:

3 Likes

I’m a very new reader to the point where my first interaction with Wally was the Flash CW show where they like to pretend he doesn’t exist and DC Rebirth Titans vol. 1 and 2 and Heroes in Crisis and Young Justice which while he wasn’t undeserved never brought me over.

So I’m going to say Bart Allen. If there’s two characters I ever fell in love at first sight, it was Bart and Jonathan Kent. Bart has so much energy and humor and seeing him in Bendis’s Young Justice solidified how fun and exciting he is.

3 Likes

Also yep, Heroes in Crisis is currently the closest to getting Wally I’ve gotten.

2 Likes

The Flash Rogues are among the best casts of villains in pop culture, comic books or otherwise.

I don’t have a definitive favorite Flash villian but Reverse Flash and Mirror Master are up there. They’re both wonderfully well thought characters and are serious villains that you don’t want to cross paths with.

The episode of The Batman that features Mirror Master (voiced by John “Dan Fielding on Night Court” Larroquette) is fun. As are his appearances in JLU, of which I think there are two.

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78
:tada:I’m so glad you’re joining us for bookclub :tada:. I’m really looking forward to reading and watching the movie too.

1 Like

@Reaganfan welcome! Pull up a seat and enjoy! Glad to have you pard. Would you like some coffee?

1 Like

Thankyou, sure Vroom, 2 cup of coffee sounds good! :slightly_smiling_face::coffee::coffee:

1 Like

snaps fingers and will coffee into existence, Q style

Enjoy =)

1 Like

@JLWWSM

I’ll allow it!

1 Like

@Reaganfan78

Glad to have ya! Also you picked the correct Flash, so i like you already!

1 Like

@Vroom

I would like some coffee…

@Nathan.Payson

Agreed. Bart is great. Bloodlines is one of my favorite episodes of Young Justice.

1 Like

snaps fingers and wills coffee into being for Matt Cream, sugar, scone, etc?

1 Like

I’m about to make coffee, Matt do you want me to fly it to you via drone?

As long as it isn’t a tiny drone in the shape of a bat with a large red eye

Darn it, guess I’m not sending it. I’ll just drink it instead. Yum! It was delicious.

Spoiler-free reaction:

Each issue feels grander than the previous one. The story really gains momentum issue by issue.

1 Like

Yes! I agree!

1 Like