DCU Book Club Week 22: FLASHPOINT DIGITAL DELUXE (2011) Issues 1-5

Greetings!

This week we are going to be running (heh) through Flashpoint issues 1-5.

Written by Geoff Johns with Art from Andy Kubert!

Why Flashpoint? Well….

@Vroom and @JLWWSM are hosting a watch-along of JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX on Monday, February 18th. This is the thrilling animated adaptation of the Flashpoint comic book. To learn more, check out the :tv:Watch-Along :tv: FLASHPOINT PARADOX, Mon., Feb.18th @5pmPST/8pmEST thread in the TV, Film, & Games section.

Or Copy and paste the following link into your browser of choice: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/othermedia/watch-along--flashpoint-pa

Now the rigmarole:

Like always discussion will begin THIS FRIDAY (2/15) at 5PM EST and lasts ALL weekend. Feel free to leave spoiler free impressions throughout the week.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Who is your favorite speedster? And why is it Wally West?

If you want to talk about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Want to catch up on our previous discussions? The DCUBC Archive can be found here: https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

Seriously Wally West is the best. Don’t @ me.

7 Likes

Yay! This book is quite a ride!

As for the question of the week, my speedster knowledge is lacking, but I enjoyed Wally in the Rebirth comic we read a while back.

3 Likes

Barry Allen for 100 please

1 Like

Oh boy, rigmarole! I love to eat that when it’s fresh off the stove and with a lil’ bit of sauce drizzled over it too. So good!

Wally West was my favorite speedster when I was a kid because that’s who Flash was at the time. I knew of Barry (mostly from the TV show) but Wally was the one who was there so I just accepted him. I think the Toy Biz produced Flash action figures were based on Wally too, although I’m not 100% positive offhand.

Barry grew to be a favorite as I read The Return of Barry Allen and picked up back issues he starred in. Over time and definitely by the time The Flash: Rebirth mini came out, I came to like Barry as much as Wally. So, I like Wally and Barry equally.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thank you, and have a pleasant tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading this again!

For me, honestly, I’ve never been a big fan of Wally in general. He’s always felt like the least interesting character in any story he’s in at best, at worst the most aggravating (like the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans, oh my god I hate him SO MUCH there). The only times I’ve really liked Wally was in the Young Justice cartoon and The Flash CW show. Needless to say, I much prefer Barry over Wally.

1 Like

I don’t know what is wrong with me but I’ve been enjoying Bart lately. From reading him in David’s Young Justice and Johns’ Teen Titans. Can we get Impulse books added to the library? Wally was my first Flash and I think Marc Waid’s and Geoff Johns’ different runs with him are some of the most definitive Flash books that exists. Barry really shines in Rebirth though, Joshua Williamson’s run has been fantastic!

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay

How could you do this to me?

Quick question, is there anything special in these digital deluxe versions on this app? Because I already have the regular issues on Comixology and was just going to read off of that.

@tromeo

Williamson’s run right now is so unbelievably good. That dude just gets it. I also really love Bart. He’s great.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay

I’m not actually sure, I’ll look into it. I just included the digital deluxe in the title so there wasn’t any confusion.

But seriously Barry Allen is the best Flash dont @ me

1 Like

@Tromeo

The Mark Waid run of Impulse was on here a while back, but was taken off.

2 Likes

@Vroom

I’ll allow this answer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Matt

Oh, I’m used to that. You think that’s bad? I’ve been known to make fans wail over my opinion of the best Robins. :laughing:

@Jay_Kay, the issues of Flashpoint in the Comics section are not the Digital Deluxe editions. That label is a typo (I made notice of it to KittyKrawler). The DD issues feature different cover art and supplemental material.

The Flashpoint issues here are the standard digital single issues.

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald thanks!

I bet you like a plateful of rigmarole too, huh? It’s unbelievably tasty. Oh and that sauce?! Fuhgeddaboutit!

1 Like

@vroom

Yep came here to say this. Thanks for clearing that up!!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, Vroom! :blush:

1 Like

You’re welcome pals :slight_smile:

eats more rigmarole

2 Likes

Can we pick villains for our favorite speeder? Eobard Thawne (sp) is very entertaining.