DCU Book Club-Girl Power! Week 21: Gotham City Sirens (2009-) Issues 1-6

Greetings everyone! Love the theme, didn’t know we had a Girl Power week. Im3 definitely here for it lol

1. Yup, first time :slight_smile: But I have constantly heard about it.

2. Definitely Harley just to keep things fun and interesting. Maybe we’ll end up foolishly dine n’ dashing lol

3. Definitely Poison Ivy! She has the most potential power wise imo If she ever got serious …who knows lol

3 Likes

@deku_
Hello! :blush:Starting last month, we have Girl Power! Bookclub once per month. Last month we read Power Girl (2009-). Thanks for joining us.

2 Likes

Hey new faces! Hello everyone!

3 Likes

I love how we are on day two of reading it and we are already at 25 comments…

2 Likes

It’s a seriously fun book. Paul Dini is the best!

4 Likes

Paul Dini is one of my favorite authors. His stories are so entertaining.

We’ve got a great group for bookclub this week, and there is plenty of room for more! I can’t wait to read everyone’s thoughts on the book and read more answers to the questions of the week.

3 Likes

Without spoiling anything… Poison Ivy makes quite an impression in this series!

2 Likes

Just finished reading this weeks books ( The Book Club not the DC Daily bunch. Gonna start reading that tomorrow) , and not spoilers, but I was entertained through out the entire story. Loved the chemistry between Quinn, Ivy, and Catwoman.

1 Like

@Flashpoint0909
I’m so glad to hear that! :blush: I’m really looking forward to our spoiler discussion this weekend.

Without spoiling anything - there are fun characters in this series!

Hey JLWWSM. Just got glitch fixed. Catching up. Been reading like crazy. I’ll check this out for sure. I’m all in for female characters. WW got me into DC as a kid. Owe all my DC love to female characters.

1 Like

Hey @djd187! I’m glad to see you back in the forums! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this series.

1 Like

I actually read it all haha. Glad to hear from u 2 JL. Been a minute. I got back on, checked comics, & I was off & running. Honestly can’t remember when I figured out how to fix it. Maybe 3-4 days I think? Anyways, I read so many it was ridiculous. Sirens was one of/ if not, the 1st one I tackled. Great read. Like most on here, Ivy was awesome. Love my girl Selina. She had a rough go in it. Dini is always on point. Liked The Riddlers role too.

I didn’t see the top. I was looking at tags lol. I just saw it was about Sirens. I read so much I keep running into threads about comics I finished. Hope I didn’t spoil, I tried to stay neutral & go by memory of what happened in 1-6. Didn’t mention anything after, I believe?

1. first time, I’m wicked new to reading dc app everything is pretty much new.
  2. Harley Quinn cause it would be a complete surprise every minute
  3. Catwomen. She seems smart enough to manipulate stronger people to do her dirty work
3 Likes

@Ssgtballard

Welcome aboard and welcome to reading DC! Cool answers. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book.

@djd187 you’re good! And you didn’t mention anything after.

1 Like

Right on JL. I was trying to think where 1-6 would be at. I read so many I couldn’t remember what did/didn’t take place yet in those issues.

1 Like

Our spoiler discussion begins at 5pm EST Friday and lasts all weekend!

1 when the Great Purge of Comics Began in January, I looked at Comixology for works by Paul Dino. The first volume of this title turned up and I bought it, along with other works by Paul. As a result the stories all mushed together as I read them all . Most were in cartoony style, but not this one. It seemed more plot oriented.

2 none I have no filter and I would offend Harley and Ivy in some way. And I am afraid of Selina’s old boyfriend.

3 Ivy is most dangerous. If she doesn’t like you and there is a plant nearby, you are as good as dead.

1 Like