DCU Batman: No Man's Land Reading Order

The reading order for no man’s land is available in the No Man’s Land Collection! It can also be viewed here!

Batman: No Man’s Land #1 (1999)
Shadow of the Bat #83
Batman #563
Detective Comics #730
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #50
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #51
Legends of the Dark Knight #116
Shadow of the Bat #84
Batman #564
Detective Comics #731
Legends of the Dark Knight #117
Shadow of the Bat #85
Batman #565
Detective Comics #732
Legends of the Dark Knight #118
Shadow of the Bat #86
Detective Comics #733
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #52
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #53
The Batman Chronicles #16
Legends of the Dark Knight #119
Shadow of the Bat #87
Batman #566
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #54
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #55
Batman Chronicles #17
Batman #567 – First appearance of Cassandra Cain
Detective Comics #734
Robin Vol. 4 #67
Legends of the Dark Knight #120
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #56
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #57
Shadow of the Bat #88
Batman #568
Detective Comics #735
JLA #32
Legends of the Dark Knight #121
Batman: Harley Quinn #1 (1999)
Nightwing Vol. 2 #35
Nightwing: Secret Files and Origins #1 (1999)
Nightwing Vol. 2 #36
Nightwing Vol. 2 #37
Batman Chronicles #18
Catwoman Vol. 2 #72
Catwoman Vol. 2 #73
Catwoman Vol. 2 #74
Shadow of the Bat #89
Batman #569
Detective Comics #736
Legends of the Dark Knight #122
Shadow of the Bat #90
Batman #570
Detective Comics #737
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #58
Batman #571
Detective Comics #738
Legends of the Dark Knight #123
Shadow of the Bat #91
Nightwing Vol. 2 #38
Nightwing Vol. 2 #39
Legends of the Dark Knight #124
Shadow of the Bat #92
Batman #572
Detective Comics #739
Legends of the Dark Knight #125
Batman: Day of Judgment #1 (1999)
Batman: No Man’s Land Secret Files & Origins #1 (1999)
Catwoman Vol. 2 #75
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #59
Shadow of the Bat #93
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #60
Batman: No Man’s Land #0
Batman #573
Detective Comics #740
Catwoman Vol. 2 #76
Catwoman Vol. 2 #77
Legends of the Dark Knight #126
Batman #574
Detective Comics #741
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #61
Shadow of the Bat #94

I hope that’s helpful!!

9 Likes

Thanks for putting that up! Also, the following issues all lead into the story, and are helpful if you want to understand what’s going on (though, last I checked, the Azrael ones don’t seem to be on the app) :

Azrael: Agent of the Bat #47-49
Detective Comics #727-729
Batman: Shadow of the Bat #80-82
Batman #560-562

2 Likes

Thanks bookmarked for posterity

1 Like

Bookmarked

Without this, I would not have a clue on how to handle this immense storyline.

Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan, the reading Crowd Goes Wild

Wow! Great job. This is some story.

Yeah dude thank you. I’m a quarter the way through and the collection in here ended. I think most of the rest are on here but not in the collection.

I think you just need to click more or something because they are all there for me!

I’m going to uninstall and reinstall my app it’s kinda wonky anyhow. It shows having 91 items but it doesn’t go past the first Batman Chronicles, usually there’s other tabs to click and get the next set but not this. Either way I’m gonna finish the story!!! Really enjoying it right now.

Well they are all on my Android just not my Roku

Rip, sorry it doesn’t work!

I have been wanting to read this storyline for years, but buying all the separate trades was going to be expensive. I am so glad its on the app now! Can’t wait to finally read it once and for all.

Now that a week has passed, is the reading list page gone? It can only be done manually? If so, that’s a bit unfortunate…

2 Likes

Yes it is!.

Nathan Payson thanks for putting this up man, I was part way through the reading list when they took it off, luckily I had it bookmarked. Your awesome bud

To those who are working through it, does it read like one long story or are certain tie-ins unnecessary. I really don’t feel like reading an Azrael book.

I’ve been skipping the Azrael books, I barely made it through the first couple but gave up. I really haven’t felt like I’ve missed anything.

The first two were a little dull, but I’ve actually been enjoying the Azrael tie-ins. Not necessary reading by any means (unless you want to know what happens with Nick Scratch), but they’re better than people give them credit for.

Other than the costume he starts wearing early in the story. That abomination is inexcusable. Actually, that thing alone is good enough reason to skip them.

To answer the original question: I think if you just read Batman, Detective Comics, Shadow of the Bat, and Legends of the Dark Knight, you’ll get the bulk of what goes on. The Nightwing tie-ins pick up on fairly important threads from those, but I haven’t read far enough to see if it ties back in. The Catwoman and Azrael ones seem to be more side-stories, but they might be building up to something I just haven’t gotten to yet. The JLA one doesn’t really even matter. The Robin tie-ins are apparently not required reading because those aren’t on the app.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/collections/story-no-mans-land#553

this is the link i used to bookmark the collection. Why is there not a collections tab? I would live there

4 Likes

Woah,. Didn’t know you could do that

1 Like